This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why can't Gamefreak design fire starters to be anything other than fire/fighting

User Info: hivebent4life

hivebent4life
3 weeks ago#1
Even the ones that aren't technically fire/fighting have still been fire/fighting in design and moveset (Incinearor and Scorbunny). Why do they keep doing this? The only fire type starters that haven't been fire/fighting are Charizard, Typhlosion and Delphox.
~Hivebent4Life
3DS FC: 5069-3910-2647

User Info: Aiolia

Aiolia
3 weeks ago#2
The real question should be, why are they making every starter furbait now?

User Info: LouisCyphre6

LouisCyphre6
3 weeks ago#3
Aiolia posted...
If you look at a Pokemon and see something sexual, then I think the problem is with you

User Info: saintkd

saintkd
3 weeks ago#4
The last three starters have not been fire fighting. And in total 5/8 are not. So more are not than are.

It's just that it was three in a row that were that made it tiresome.
We have no form, therefore we fear it, and because we are formless, we revere it. Thus we are slain.

hivebent4life
3 weeks ago#5
saintkd posted...
The last three starters have not been fire fighting. And in total 5/8 are not. So more are not than are.

Incinearor and Scorbunny are fire/fighting in terms of design and moveset. So really, 5/8 are fire/fighting.
~Hivebent4Life

User Info: karmaepsilon

karmaepsilon
3 weeks ago#6
LouisCyphre6 posted...
Aiolia posted...
If you look at a Pokemon and see something sexual, then I think the problem is with you

It's Japan, Japan knows EXACTLY what they are doing
3DS Friend Code: 2166-0919-1962

User Info: Aiolia

Aiolia
3 weeks ago#7
LouisCyphre6 posted...
Aiolia posted...

As well as the designers who keep on doing that.

saintkd
3 weeks ago#8
hivebent4life posted...
saintkd posted...

Incinearor and Scorbunny are fire/fighting in terms of design and moveset. So really, 5/8 are fire/fighting.

And? They're not fighting types though. So 5/8 are literally not Fire/Fighting.

Scorbunny i believe is meant to be styled like a footballer. Hence it's signature move being kicking around a fireball.
We have no form, therefore we fear it, and because we are formless, we revere it. Thus we are slain.

hivebent4life
3 weeks ago#9
saintkd posted...
And? They're not fighting types though. So 5/8 are literally not Fire/Fighting.

Scorbunny i believe is meant to be styled like a footballer. Hence it's signature move being kicking around a fireball.
My point is they were still designed as fire/fighting types, even if they aren't coded to be fighting.
~Hivebent4Life

saintkd
3 weeks ago#10
I don't see Scorbunny's design that way so if you want to take looks into account. Which you shouldn't because that's not their typing then. 4/8 are "fighting" SO still only half.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why can't Gamefreak design fire starters to be anything other than fire/fighting
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers