This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Keep in mind the target audience

User Info: SinnohFossil44

SinnohFossil44
1 week ago#1
These games are geared toward 7-13 year olds. It sucks that the dex got cut, but Game Freak isn't gonna change anything, even if there is a boycott, because the target audience doesn't really care whether there's 400 or 800 pokemon.

User Info: Legendary_Musas

Legendary_Musas
1 week ago#2
7-13 year olds can't afford this **** and the vast majority of the playerbase is the one that literally grew up on Pokemon. I bet the average player is 26-33.
Top 5 FF games: IX, XIV, IV, XII, VII

User Info: toaduniversity9

toaduniversity9
1 week ago#3
Legendary_Musas posted...
7-13 year olds can't afford this **** and the vast majority of the playerbase is the one that literally grew up on Pokemon. I bet the average player is 26-33.
this
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of if not the best spin off to a franchise ever!
#Twintelle4SmashUltimate https://discord.gg/ejKv8Hc <-Flip Wars Discord

SinnohFossil44
1 week ago#4

Well i'm assuming a parent would buy it for their 7-13 year old child

Legendary_Musas
1 week ago#5
SinnohFossil44 posted...

No parent is buying the double packs for their kids with a straight face.

User Info: OO7

OO7
1 week ago#6

I had $60 when I was 13...

SinnohFossil44
1 week ago#7
SinnohFossil44 posted...

So a parent won't buy their kid a $60 dollar game but there are parents who buy their kids a switch?

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#8

Parents buy things for their kids dude. Not to mention many give kids allowances, and some kids in the higher end of that range mow lawns and shovel snow and s*** like that for a bit of extra cash. Products for kids get made for a reason.
Meow!

Legendary_Musas
1 week ago#9
SinnohFossil44 posted...
SinnohFossil44 posted...

So a parent won't buy their kid a $60 dollar game but there are parents who buy their kids a switch?

I'm specifically talking about their marketing. Double packs and special edition Switches are not meant for the kids. This is for collectors and scalpers.

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
1 week ago#10
So you agree that it's not okay for TPC to include Pokemon that aren't in the Galardex in their other merchandise? Because if I see a Garchomp in the current anime, I know that he won't be available in the latest game, but the 7-13 year old might not understand that, and suddenly they have a slew of upset kids that don't know what a Dex cut is.
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/39lX5ve.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9S9glYE.png https://imgur.com/a/Qxo9jXF
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Keep in mind the target audience
  • Topic Archived