This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Am i the only one that wants less Pokémon instead of more Pokemon

User Info: Milan_Warrior

Milan_Warrior
1 week ago#1
One of the purposes because i need to see a new Pokemon in the competitive not like the same Pokemon , where do you get boring of playing online matches.

So because of only 400 , we will see less Pokemon in OU , and more variation, that’s for me snd I'm happy that they did this.
3DS IGN : Hamani
FC : 5344-2096-3635

User Info: FlameHAZE89

FlameHAZE89
1 week ago#2
I personally would like more Pokemon and I don't really care about the competitive aspect at all.

User Info: Apocalypso

Apocalypso
1 week ago#3
I'm not competitive but a friend of mine is happy about the cuts for similar reasons. He said he was tired of seeing Garchomp in competitive play. He's actually annoyed Aegislash wasn't cut.
I got 99 problems but dexit ain't one.

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
1 week ago#4
I'd rather have all the Pokemon
Remember to attempt showing empathy online over sympathy and apathy. The internet can't solve your mental health issues.

User Info: Sinnael

Sinnael
1 week ago#5
I'm not competitive. I'm a collector, and Id much rather have all the Pokemon.
3DS Friend Code: 0146-9968-9699

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 week ago#6
Reminder that the official format is doubles VGC and they do not use Smogon as a method to balance the game.

Ironically there’s a lot of overlap on what’s popular but VGC also has a lot of extra that Smogon Singles rules as garbage/ trash/ low tier while they have amazing use in Doubles VGC.

Also, this literally doesn’t do anything for competitive. Why the f*** do people bring this up as if it’s a point, it’s a counterpoint to their argument “oh it’ll help competitive!” It does literally nothing but go off on that delusional tangent.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: DunsparceFanboy

DunsparceFanboy
1 week ago#7
So because of only 400 , we will see less Pokemon in OU , and more variation, that’s for me snd I'm happy that they did this.

If the game was perfectly balanced, OU wouldn't even exist.
Tiers are here precisely for variation, to allow every single mon to be usable somewhere. No real difference between that and a big tier where everything is usable. On the contrary, it's pretty healthy for possibilities.

So i think you're wrong. There's really no upside to having less mons.

User Info: DarkBuster22904

DarkBuster22904
1 week ago#8
Milan_Warrior posted...
we will see less Pokemon in OU , and more variation,

And in a year we'll be complaining that OU is all samey again.

This literally changes nothing. We're swapping out one cookie cutter for another. The novelty of it being slightly different will fade once it all homogenizes again. The only difference is we have fewer choices.
Haven't had a good sig idea since 2006

User Info: Okikurmi

Okikurmi
1 week ago#9
I only use new pokemon most of the time anyway so could cut them all for all i care.
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...

User Info: mhahq

mhahq
1 week ago#10
less or more it wont bother me

i'll have just 6~8 pokemons anyway
Casual Gamer, Typical Taurus Man
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Am i the only one that wants less Pokémon instead of more Pokemon
  • Topic Archived