• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Thank You GameFreak is trending?

User Info: Black_Triforce

Black_Triforce
4 days ago#71
kingtrace posted...
I suppose that's fair. People who have no idea what they're reblogging could very well be reblogging it without understanding the context. But I would argue that if you're an internet user and a Pokemon fan to the point you feel like praising GF for their work, and especially if you care enough to have even seen that low morale article, you are invested and aware of the situation.

I'm not saying that people aren't aware of the situation or what they're using the hashtag for. Most of them are aware. It's just that this hashtag doesn't need to have anything to do with BBND. These people decided to come together to thank the company responsible for their favorite game while they were in a slump. People do stuff like that for other people all the time. The reason for why they would do this wasn't addressed in the tweet that started this, and I don't think that there's any reason to question their motives as if they aren't sincere. Like I said, even knowing of the situation and the whole mess they are in, I would use this tweet because I wanted to show my gratitude even with all that was going on. Whatever MysticUmbreon started this for doesn't change the fact that I see a good message in the usage of the hashtag itself.
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

User Info: PalmerSensei

PalmerSensei
4 days ago#72
Pretty funny how this all happened due to some guy claiming GF's morale is low without an actual source to back it up.
You have the castle, but not the king. You have Rome, but not its emperor. I am the conqueror of your kingdom, and you know it's true. - Mr.GGFan

User Info: FlameHAZE89

FlameHAZE89
4 days ago#73
PalmerSensei posted...
Pretty funny how this all happened due to some guy claiming GF's morale is low without an actual source to back it up.

Yup.

User Info: AnimeStalker

AnimeStalker
4 days ago#74
mad_hax_man posted...
DoNotTalktoMe posted...
kingtrace posted...
Remember, every single #ThankyouGamefreak is an admission that SaS are fundamentally underwhelming and in need of defense.

That's honestly the way I'm seeing this and it's pretty sad. Not to mention that they are pretty much going to use this as a way of doing even more questionable decisions with their games, and a lot the fans here will eat it up even when the Japanese themselves don't like it like how many of them also didn't like dexit.

Or it could mean that people think that the backlash has gone to far

Death threats are an example of going too far, which I have not seen many of from this.
Teehee. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ziajx7qVA

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
4 days ago#75
Gonna paste my response from another topic in here:

You, know, as mad as I am about Dexit, I'm happy to see some positivity. Like, it's not on Gamefreak that TPC or Nintendo or whoever has them locked into yearly releases, and Little Town Hero flopping must have been super demotivating. Like, it's cool to see people saying "we appreciate what you do," we don't have to make it into a "HA! Take THAT, Dexiters!" Like, we can be mad about 60% of Pokemon while not sending Masuda and the rest of the staff death threats- it's nice to see some people just being nice tbh.

That being said, not sure how I feel that people got mad at the company who (partially) owns the biggest media franchise on earth, the company allegedly said "we're sad," and the response was "OMG Poor Gamefreak! We're sorry, it's okay!" Like, I feel like the anger must sting, but having yet another non-Pokemon venture flop is probably the more demotivating thing (remember, Little Town Hero was the A-Team; they wanted it to become as big/respectable as Pokemon), so saying "Thanks Gamefreak, we love Pokemon!" in response to their demotivation is kind of sad. It reinforces the idea that the Pokemon team could get away with pretty much anything, and showing how much you consume Pokemon and love it is kind of a motivating factor for the crunch happening at Gamefreak to get that yearly release each year. Plus it kind of flaunts that we love Gamefreak for Pokemon and only Pokemon- there's no one in the hashtag saying thanks for HarmoKnight or Little Town Hero.

I do think it's a good thing to share positivity when the official Pokemon twitter and Masuda can't post anything without hundreds of angry fans demanding Swampert, but I worry about the message it sends toward their other IPs as well as the people forcing them to make a yearly Christmas-time game.
*horrible bird imitations*
I'm probably either bored or procrastinating. Or both.

User Info: Teamrocketo

Teamrocketo
4 days ago#76
Ohh noooo Gamefreak feels bad? Awww let them dry theyr tears with your money :( poor poor Billionarys

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 days ago#77
Black_Triforce posted...
kingtrace posted...
I suppose that's fair. People who have no idea what they're reblogging could very well be reblogging it without understanding the context. But I would argue that if you're an internet user and a Pokemon fan to the point you feel like praising GF for their work, and especially if you care enough to have even seen that low morale article, you are invested and aware of the situation.

I'm not saying that people aren't aware of the situation or what they're using the hashtag for. Most of them are aware. It's just that this hashtag doesn't need to have anything to do with BBND. These people decided to come together to thank the company responsible for their favorite game while they were in a slump. People do stuff like that for other people all the time. The reason for why they would do this wasn't addressed in the tweet that started this, and I don't think that there's any reason to question their motives as if they aren't sincere. Like I said, even knowing of the situation and the whole mess they are in, I would use this tweet because I wanted to show my gratitude even with all that was going on. Whatever MysticUmbreon started this for doesn't change the fact that I see a good message in the usage of the hashtag itself.

MysticUmbreon states in his video he did it because of the "low morale" at Gamefreak and him hearing they were receiving death threats and then at the end of the video he says he doesn't know if that's true but to make this trending anyway.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
4 days ago#78
You know, some of these tweets have underlying use of reverse psychology
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
4 days ago#79
Do people not realize Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company are not the same?

I saw a Tweet that said thank you for creating Pikachu and another talking about the anime. The Pokemon fan base honestly is just full of ignorance.
Remember to attempt showing empathy online over sympathy and apathy. The internet can't solve your mental health issues.

User Info: _JuicytigeR_

_JuicytigeR_
4 days ago#80
DOTBHDD posted...
Do people not realize Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company are not the same?

I saw a Tweet that said thank you for creating Pikachu and another talking about the anime. The Pokemon fan base honestly is just full of ignorance.

lol
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Thank You GameFreak is trending?
  • Topic Archived