• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Thank You GameFreak is trending?

User Info: Hop103

Hop103
4 days ago#61
All that baaaa-ing, they do realize that they are the reason that this game sucks.
"In the name of the future moon I shall punish you"-Chibi Moon

User Info: FlameHAZE89

FlameHAZE89
4 days ago#62
kingtrace posted...
CrimsonSmasher posted...
DOTBHDD posted...
It's actually kinda ironic that many of the Pokemon they're featuring in their Tweets are absent in the game.

How is it ironic? Is liking a cut Poke and understanding why they were cut not possible or something?

I've seen mountains and mountains of defense and a large amount of the full game, like everyone here, and I still fundamentally don't understand why they were cut.

Neither do I. What could have possibly happened during development to warrant the removal of over 50% of the Pokedex? I was under the impression that this game had a slightly longer dev cycle than usual, like 3 years or something...

User Info: Black_Triforce

Black_Triforce
4 days ago#63
kingtrace posted...
Except the people who are most invested in TYGF maintain that 1. the amount of legitimate criticism is actually much smaller than it really is and 2. that there isn't anything wrong with SaS to the point that it needs defending.

Causing this topic to trend implies they believe the opposite of what some of the most ardent defenders have said.

Why should what the "people who are most invested" say reflect on the whole hashtag? Most of the people using the hashtag aren't affiliated with them and twitter is describing the hashtag as "As the release date for Pokémon’s Sword and Shield approaches, people around the world are taking the time to thank developer Game Freak for the impact the game has had on their lives." Someone may have started that hashtag, but they don't control where it goes when other people start using it.

When I first saw the hashtag, I thought it was just something being used to cheer Game Freak up after it was stated that their team had low morale. If I ever used it, I would use it with that intent, as would many others. Some people may use it sarcastically or as a retaliation, but many seem to be using it this way.
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

User Info: kingtrace

kingtrace
4 days ago#64
FlameHAZE89 posted...
kingtrace posted...
CrimsonSmasher posted...
DOTBHDD posted...
It's actually kinda ironic that many of the Pokemon they're featuring in their Tweets are absent in the game.

How is it ironic? Is liking a cut Poke and understanding why they were cut not possible or something?

I've seen mountains and mountains of defense and a large amount of the full game, like everyone here, and I still fundamentally don't understand why they were cut.

Neither do I. What could have possibly happened during development to warrant the removal of over 50% of the Pokedex? I was under the impression that this game had a slightly longer dev cycle than usual, like 3 years or something...

The graphics are passable, but not amazing. Animations and models are imported, for the most part outside of the new Mons, the post-game seems similar to the smaller offerings in most recent games. The story hasn't been detailed, but I doubt it's a sprawling, resources devouring epic. So I couldn't really even make a guess into where the dev time went.
NNID: Kingtrace Add me for Splatoon, Smash, cause you need friends, whatever
http://www.gamefaqs.com/user/options_basic.html This is how you uncensor swears.

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
4 days ago#65
Maybe they read my post!

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/259372-pokemon-sword/78141615/929836328

JK, but with all the negativity going on, to the point of the devs being officially bummed, i'm not surprised some empathetic fans want to cheer them up a little.
It's not luck, it's fate.

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
4 days ago#66
People enjoying things? Impossible. Must be paid off.
https://i.imgur.com/fw1QFvY.png - Tea time, f***ers.
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is the best DS Zelda game.

kingtrace
4 days ago#67
Black_Triforce posted...
kingtrace posted...
Except the people who are most invested in TYGF maintain that 1. the amount of legitimate criticism is actually much smaller than it really is and 2. that there isn't anything wrong with SaS to the point that it needs defending.

Causing this topic to trend implies they believe the opposite of what some of the most ardent defenders have said.

Why should what the "people who are most invested" say reflect on the whole hashtag? Most of the people using the hashtag aren't affiliated with them and twitter is describing the hashtag as "As the release date for Pokémon’s Sword and Shield approaches, people around the world are taking the time to thank developer Game Freak for the impact the game has had on their lives." Someone may have started that hashtag, but they don't control where it goes when other people start using it.

When I first saw the hashtag, I thought it was just something being used to cheer Game Freak up after it was stated that their team had low morale. If I ever used it, I would use it with that intent, as would many others.

I suppose that's fair. People who have no idea what they're reblogging could very well be reblogging it without understanding the context. But I would argue that if you're an internet user and a Pokemon fan to the point you feel like praising GF for their work, and especially if you care enough to have even seen that low morale article, you are invested and aware of the situation.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/user/options_basic.html This is how you uncensor swears.

kingtrace
4 days ago#68
Meta289 posted...
People enjoying things? Impossible. Must be paid off.

Many of the reblogging accounts are traffic bots that are less than a week old. Absolutely a lot of real people who genuinely want to support GF here, but many of them are legitimately paid for, if not paid off.

User Info: mad_hax_man

mad_hax_man
4 days ago#69
DoNotTalktoMe posted...
kingtrace posted...
Remember, every single #ThankyouGamefreak is an admission that SaS are fundamentally underwhelming and in need of defense.

That's honestly the way I'm seeing this and it's pretty sad. Not to mention that they are pretty much going to use this as a way of doing even more questionable decisions with their games, and a lot the fans here will eat it up even when the Japanese themselves don't like it like how many of them also didn't like dexit.

Or it could mean that people think that the backlash has gone to far
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 days ago#70
I saw MysticUmbreons and Adrives videos and their reason is death threats.....they think that death threats (which shouldn't be sent) is the sole reason for the low morale which I doubt. Adrive even goes a step further and thinks he can shut all criticism up by saying "Hey don't like it don't buy it to get your voice heard". Thing is that won't work because more people who don't care, are shills or have no information on what's going on will outnumber those who decide to vote for their wallet.

All the company will do is just cater more to that crowd in the future and the downward spiral will continue. It's a lose lose situation.

Edit: Also funny Mystic had the comments for that video shut off as well. Probably because he didn't want to deal with any backlash warranted or unwarranted on him trying to start a trend. Another weird thing is Adrive mentions the games aren't out and we haven't played them therefore we shouldn't complain so much.
Gamertag: Nuke2099
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Thank You GameFreak is trending?
  • Topic Archived