• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Thank You GameFreak is trending?

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 days ago#51
It's not trending anymore
It was some weird night time spike
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1

User Info: kingtrace

kingtrace
4 days ago#52
DoNotTalktoMe posted...
kingtrace posted...
Remember, every single #ThankyouGamefreak is an admission that SaS are fundamentally underwhelming and in need of defense.

That's honestly the way I'm seeing this and it's pretty sad. Not to mention that they are pretty much going to use this as a way of doing even more questionable decisions with their games, and a lot the fans here will eat it up even when the Japanese themselves don't like it like how many of them also didn't like dexit.

Honestly, though I'm sure execs are excited that the fan community is willing to police itself to remove criticism, they would've never done this if they cared about fan response. It's the same as Bethesda half-heartedly apologizing for 76 and then doubling down with even more egregious monetization. If the criticism were louder than the blind defense, GF may have made a sentimental "we'll do better next time" statement, but they would just keep powering on ahead as long as profits were turned.
NNID: Kingtrace Add me for Splatoon, Smash, cause you need friends, whatever
http://www.gamefaqs.com/user/options_basic.html This is how you uncensor swears.

User Info: Cheeze_E_Breath

Cheeze_E_Breath
4 days ago#53
GuitaristMatt posted...

It's still the top trending topic for me. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else.

User Info: Severus_Sniper

Severus_Sniper
4 days ago#54
rocky505 posted...
A lot of the tweets are just bots spamming the top trends.

This

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 days ago#55
Cheeze_E_Breath posted...
It's still the top trending topic for me. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else.
It's one of the topics, but it's not trending.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1

User Info: Black_Triforce

Black_Triforce
4 days ago#56
ScreamingMonkey posted...
Meh. I don't really ca- actually, it IS kind of weird with how many are actually thanking them for AND that they only did it during this time.

TalesofRemorse posted...
They could have done this "movement" any time, but they choose to do it now when times are dark. To me, it just shows that people are only grateful when something comes under fire.

Exactly.

That's just how humans work. Almost no one goes about their day being openly thankful for things that they've had for so long that they are mundane. People choose to be vocal when it serves a purpose. BBND did it because they wanted to be heard and I find nothing wrong or unusual with TYGF doing it with the same objective.
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

User Info: Perspicacity

Perspicacity
4 days ago#57
GuitaristMatt posted...

It's called a fake PR stunt, it didn't even work. More wasted money for Game Freak they could have spent developing the game.

kingtrace
4 days ago#58
Black_Triforce posted...
ScreamingMonkey posted...
Meh. I don't really ca- actually, it IS kind of weird with how many are actually thanking them for AND that they only did it during this time.

TalesofRemorse posted...
They could have done this "movement" any time, but they choose to do it now when times are dark. To me, it just shows that people are only grateful when something comes under fire.

Exactly.

That's just how humans work. Almost no one goes about their day being openly thankful for things that they've had for so long that they are mundane. People choose to be vocal when it serves a purpose. BBND did it because they wanted to be heard and I find nothing wrong or unusual with TYGF doing with the same objective.

Except the people who are most invested in TYGF maintain that 1. the amount of legitimate criticism is actually much smaller than it really is and 2. that there isn't anything wrong with SaS to the point that it needs defending.

Causing this topic to trend implies they believe the opposite of what some of the most ardent defenders have said.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/user/options_basic.html This is how you uncensor swears.

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
4 days ago#59
DOTBHDD posted...
It's actually kinda ironic that many of the Pokemon they're featuring in their Tweets are absent in the game.

How is it ironic? Is liking a cut Poke and understanding why they were cut not possible or something?

kingtrace
4 days ago#60
CrimsonSmasher posted...
DOTBHDD posted...
It's actually kinda ironic that many of the Pokemon they're featuring in their Tweets are absent in the game.

How is it ironic? Is liking a cut Poke and understanding why they were cut not possible or something?

I've seen mountains and mountains of defense and a large amount of the full game, like everyone here, and I still fundamentally don't understand why they were cut.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Thank You GameFreak is trending?
  • Topic Archived