• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Thank You GameFreak is trending?

User Info: d_charizard

d_charizard
4 days ago#21
TalesofRemorse posted...
I don't have an issue with people thanking GF. But the timing is problematic. Any other time would have been fine. But people are only doing this because the games are getting criticism, rightful criticism. And criticism is somehow bad, as if those criticizing don't love the franchise any more than those who blindly accept everything GF does. I don't agree with harassment, but I don't agree with blind faith.

These people forget GF are not your friends. They don't give a damn about their consumers on an individual basis. They are a business and want to make money. They will do and say anything if it means getting your money, just like politicians.

I don't see how the timing matters honestly. It's not like they're warping their opinion here. They're just SHOWING their support, just as the criticizers are showing their disapproval. That seems pretty fair to me. Things people dislike tend to be vocalized more than things people like. It's a nice change of pace to see the positive side briefly out-yelling the negative.

User Info: Cheeze_E_Breath

Cheeze_E_Breath
4 days ago#22
kix5 posted...
aDrive is crediting himself for starting this trend in his latest video, and well, he is one of the biggest Poketubers around, so I'm not all that surprised it got to trending given the context.

Actually, Mystic Umbreon (another PokeTuber) got it trending. aDrive even credited him.

User Info: HateReplying

HateReplying
4 days ago#23
Valkenhyne posted...
You'd be surprised how many people don't fit into the echo chamber that is GameFAQs and Reddit.

OMG, SOMEONE ELSE FINALLY MENTIONED REDDIT AS NOT BEING BETTER THAN GAMEFAQS.

I must be dreaming.

User Info: TalesofRemorse

TalesofRemorse
4 days ago#24
They could have done this "movement" any time, but they choose to do it now when times are dark. To me, it just shows that people are only grateful when something comes under fire.

People don't care about GF. They care about Pokemon and what it means to them. GF are only relevant because they make the games, but it's really Nintendo who should get the credit for publishing them.
#BringBackNationalDex #NoMoreKanto

User Info: HateReplying

HateReplying
4 days ago#25
Deadinsideman posted...
This is just proof we need a ww3

I don't even care if I get cleansed ethnically for not being white or arab. So as long as all of these morons go down with me.

lol

(And when a WW3 does come, it's okay, we'll go down with you too)

User Info: Seraphie92

Seraphie92
4 days ago#26
TalesofRemorse posted...
I don't have an issue with people thanking GF. But the timing is problematic. Any other time would have been fine. But people are only doing this because the games are getting criticism, rightful criticism. And criticism is somehow bad, as if those criticizing don't love the franchise any more than those who blindly accept everything GF does. I don't agree with harassment, but I don't agree with blind faith.

These people forget GF are not your friends. They don't give a damn about their consumers on an individual basis. They are a business and want to make money. They will do and say anything if it means getting your money, just like politicians.

Like the article mentioned. Criticisms are fine but don't launch personal attacks. The hateful comments toward Masuda are horrible.

User Info: kix5

kix5
4 days ago#27
Cheeze_E_Breath posted...
kix5 posted...
aDrive is crediting himself for starting this trend in his latest video, and well, he is one of the biggest Poketubers around, so I'm not all that surprised it got to trending given the context.

Actually, Mystic Umbreon (another PokeTuber) got it trending. aDrive even credited him.

You're right, my b, I 2x-ed through his video because I saw his tweets and was interested what his "final say" in the debate was; I paid less attention to everything that led up to that part of the video to hit the 10min mark lol. I'll edit that out.
UltraOfficial UltraXurkitree of the UltraSunFAQs UltraBoard

User Info: RocketGuy133

RocketGuy133
4 days ago#28
Deadinsideman posted...
This is just proof we need a ww3

I don't even care if I get cleansed ethnically for not being white or arab. So as long as all of these morons go down with me.

Imagine wishing for WW3 to come just because there are people that will enjoy the new pokemon games despite its issues. Like seriously, dude?

User Info: TalesofRemorse

TalesofRemorse
4 days ago#29
Oh without a doubt, the line is crossed when something like death threats are going out. Don't do that crap, man. Each side is allowed to have their opinion, and both sides need to behave and be respectful. It's a two-way street, and both sides have not shown a shred of decency to one another this entire time.
#BringBackNationalDex #NoMoreKanto

User Info: Silverwyrm

Silverwyrm
4 days ago#30
the anger at people not being angry is silly
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Thank You GameFreak is trending?
  • Topic Archived