• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who else is quitting Pokémon?

User Info: Sir_Specter

Sir_Specter
4 days ago#91
Lopez_824 posted...
Don't people usually play a game first, then decide whether or not to drop the series?

I did. That game was Moon.
I won't quit Pokemon. As long as there is a new generation in a new region with new Pokemon. I will always buy the game and support it. Just wanna let you know that I already pre-order both version of Sword and Shield.

I always feel fresh and hype every time when new generation has come, regardless of dex cull.

User Info: TheFalseDeity

TheFalseDeity
4 days ago#93
Not me. Am passing on Sword and Shield and never did finish Sun but i still like the older games.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheFalseDeity
Currently playing - OS RuneScape

User Info: IgorSlutsky

IgorSlutsky
4 days ago#94
I can't tho. This franchise helped me so much through my traumatic childhood.

Sir_Specter
4 days ago#95
TheFalseDeity posted...
Not me. Am passing on Sword and Shield and never did finish Sun but i still like the older games.

I think TC just meant quitting on the new games for the foreseeable future. I assume most of us who don't want S&S still like the old games and will still play em from time to time.

User Info: JarodLH

JarodLH
4 days ago#96
I'll skip this generation and see how things go. Luckily I really like Yo-kai Watch so I'm fine waiting for 4 to get localized. If I really want to play a Pokémon game in the meantime I can just play one I already own.
Switch: 1665-2126-6417 SMM2 ID: 69H-9NR-VPG.
Fan of Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

User Info: Zend

Zend
4 days ago#97
Aurkus posted...
Definitely not quitting. This looks better than Sun and Moon. Less pokemon or not.

That is a very low bar though. Even X/Y were better, as I was actually able to get through the whole game. S/M are just insufferable and I ended up quitting on the second island. The engine GameFreak used for S/M is f***ing terrible too, I don’t know how people think Gen 4 was slow because of the engine yet can play S/M. They also stop you every 5 minutes in every route to do some stupid s*** involving Lillie or the other obnoxious NPCs.

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
4 days ago#98
I'm not quite there yet, but I will be buying used for sure. If the games don't get it together soon though I very well may quit for good.
If you wanted to watch me play games for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg3ZPyrv_ouLSN_S18rrrcQ

User Info: Gmagn

Gmagn
4 days ago#99
Well apparently gamefreaks morale is at its lowest. So hopefullly that gives hope for the future. You know, make a great game and get good feedback for better morale
3DS FC: 2019 - 9639 - 8069

Sir_Specter
4 days ago#100
Zend posted...
Aurkus posted...
Definitely not quitting. This looks better than Sun and Moon. Less pokemon or not.

That is a very low bar though. Even X/Y were better, as I was actually able to get through the whole game. S/M are just insufferable and I ended up quitting on the second island. The engine GameFreak used for S/M is f***ing terrible too, I don’t know how people think Gen 4 was slow because of the engine yet can play S/M. They also stop you every 5 minutes in every route to do some stupid s*** involving Lillie or the other obnoxious NPCs.

Lol for real. That game is a slog. When it isn't lagging and stuttering, you're mired in tutorials and cutscenes about the world's worst waifu. It was surreal to me how the player has nothing to do with the story beyond being Lillie's bodyguard because she's the real protagonist. To be fair though, Gen 4 does have health tick down crazy slow when damage is dealt at higher levels. Great gen and all, but it is a weird problem.
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who else is quitting Pokémon?
  • Post New Message