• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who else is quitting Pokémon?

User Info: Milennin

Milennin
4 days ago#71
Safari_Dude posted...
I'm not quitting. I'm waiting for Gamefreak to release a decent game.

Basically, this. I skipped US/UM because it brought too little new to the table when I already had Moon. I skipped Let's Go because it looked bad and I'd rather just play the GB versions if I wanted to go back to gen 1 again. And I'll skip this game because no full Dex is an absolute dealbreaker for me.

Still waiting for GameFreak to give me a reason to buy a new Pokémon game again...
Offence is taken, not given.

User Info: scabab

scabab
4 days ago#72
I quit Pokemon after I outgrew it when I was about 11. Same with other people I knew at school.

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
4 days ago#73
The_Undying_84 posted...
I mean, I'll play it by ear, I'm not just gonna declare now that I'm "quitting" it regardless of what ever happens.

But, I won't buy any Pokemon game that
1. Doesn't have all the Pokemon.
2. Forces the use of Exp Share
3. Requires auto saving (something I think they'll probably do next time).

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
4 days ago#74
I actually really like how the games look so far, and am pretty excited for my copies to get here next week. The only problem I'd have with the game is if the amount of new Pokémon is 70-something again (like Kalos and Alola), but other than that I have no complaints whatsoever.

Anyone quitting Pokémon due to silly issues like Dexit: good riddance, won't miss ya.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
4 days ago#75
Dark_Abaddon posted...
I'm waiting for reviews and to find out what the post game is like.

Battle tower with battle factory rental mode fused in like PWT did.
Max Raids which pay out in Pokémon an watts you use to buy stuff like moves aka move tutors.
Couple hour post game episode.
Rematching the tournament that replaced the E4 with apparently shifting challengers like Gen 7 did.
Catching Eternus (?)

I think that is everything?
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: Trunks 2003

Trunks 2003
4 days ago#76
@Dark_Abaddon posted...
I'm waiting for reviews and to find out what the post game is like.

I can already show you what the post game is like.

https://i.imgur.com/102w0hD.jpg
My Super Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: FN1-LK0-0NG

User Info: Sir_Specter

Sir_Specter
4 days ago#77
Me. I liked the quality of life improvements they did for competitive battling (breeding changes and Horde battles for EVS) and the PSS in X&Y, but actually playing the game and going through the routes wasn't fun. Neither was the shape of the metagame with the advent of mega pokemon and talonflame.

Then I heard S&M would have a new director and I was hopeful, but they doubled down on literally everything I disliked about X&Y. The routes were even more linear and tiny. The metagame got even more unhealthy and focused on sweepers. The cutscenes got way longer. The game got even easier (albeit not by much). And to top it off, the removed the PSS. Not to mention that almost none of the new pokemon aside from legendaries and UBs were at all usable. The stat spreads made no sense and made the designers look like idiots who don't even understand their own series' mechanics.

Why would I keep buying into a series that has shown such a downward trend in quality? The new game's just gonna be more of the same.

To all the people who are saying things like "pokemon is part of my identity" and "I've been playing for 20 years so of course I'll buy it," shame on you. No brand should ever be part of your identity. Get a real personality and stop buying things simply because you always have. I've been playing since I was a kid, bought one version of every mainline pokemon game up til now (except LGPE) and even participated as a gym leader in a local pokemon league for years, but now I'm done because the games just aren't good.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Lord Sojiro

Lord Sojiro
4 days ago#78
Probably, they just don't put in the effort anymore.

User Info: jaoman69

jaoman69
4 days ago#79
Nah, i may skip this gen, but im not gonna quit altogether, they may get their act together in the next games. Remember B/W1?

User Info: EgoMouse32

EgoMouse32
4 days ago#80
Depends on if Sword and Shield ends up being fun and if the next game will get improvements.
The last mainline game I really enjoyed was Pokemon White. I enjoyed Lets Go Pikachu in some ways, tho $60 felt a little too much.
So far my excitement for Sword is really low.

I took too long to finish Pokemon Y and I haven't even finished Moon. I've never picked up Ultra or the Hoenn remakes despite never playing 3rd generation Pokemon. My interest in Pokemon has been dwindling for years tbh. After the NDS Pokemon games, it just felt Pokemon has gotten boring on the 3DS.
~~( 8 :> SMM2: 25X-GK0-55G Switch FC: SW-1058-0470-2243. ~~( 8 :>
< 83 == Super Mario Maker: http://tinyurl.com/smmegomouse < 83 ==
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who else is quitting Pokémon?
  • Post New Message