This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who else is quitting Pokémon?

User Info: Trailblazer34

Trailblazer34
1 week ago#101
no Salamence, no buy
don't look at me like that

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
1 week ago#102
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
You can see it in the posts here. Customer loyalty for brands conquers all it seems. It doesn't matter what kind of product you make anymore, so long as it's a brand people are attached to it will continue to get bought anyway.

And that kind of sums up my problem with the industry lately. At least when it comes to popular stuff like Nintendo.

I mean, we've had quitters before who turned around and eventually bought the game anyway. Either this or the next, because they had that "Pokemon itch".

My point is, it's pointless to make quitting topics because chances are you're gonna buy the game anyway. If not this then the next one. If you do succeed great, but we're not gonna hear from you anymore to know about it.

I dont like post like this. It's a nice lowkey way of "s***ting" on you for being loyal to stuff you ENJOY. IMO an objectively bad game is a buggy game. A game that doesn't work properly. Cutting pokemon doesn't auto mean "the game is bad." In your mind it does in my mind it doesn't but calling us sheep for buying what we want to buy is a cope out counter argument. "They was gonna buy it anyway." What if I was a VG collector? What if I just wanted to own all pokemon games?

What if I was bored and nothing interested me until March? It does matter what product they make but y'all keep making it out to be a bad buggy game and it' not even out yet. I've played plenty of pokemon games where all my favs were out(Coliseums, Ruby) so it being "low quality" because of that is no issue. I prefer to use new pokemon each new gen then mix later for a competitive team.
They call themselves Warlocks. Martial philosophers. Harbingers of Light. Scholars searching for meaning when all is already lost. Their God left them long ago.

User Info: ScavengerDan

ScavengerDan
1 week ago#103
Game looks totally fine to me. Open world Pokémon is something I've wanted for ages, I have no idea what the massive fuss is about.

Nerds will Nerd Rage I guess!

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
1 week ago#104
ScavengerDan posted...
Game looks totally fine to me. Open world Pokémon is something I've wanted for ages, I have no idea what the massive fuss is about.

... open world?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH- Akujiking

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
1 week ago#105
Tanzibar posted...
I still love Pokémon, but as with LGPE, once again, I’m out.
I was promised a game that would be for “long term fans”... either that was a lie or they dont’t know us at all, and don’t care to know us.

This was gonna be the game I’d buy a switch just to play... but
I’m out until all Pokémon are returned.

That's the messed up thing. After the LGPE outrage they publicly said that, and then of ALL things, they announced something that directly alienates that audience. And I brought lgpe on that promise, and haven't touched it in 7 months.

I'm keeping up with the news, I'm still hoping that the game has alot to do and will have more Pokemon, but, this is bogus and I don't want to support it. I'll get it used if I even buy it. I've been meaning to reply frlg and hgss anyway, and I have friends at work who play gen 6-7 that I trade and battle with.

To all the people being nasty about people getting disappointed, you'll find yourself in the same predicament one day, if in Pokemon or something else. Enjoy that.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: RemixV4

RemixV4
1 week ago#106
I'll just keep playing the older games with different challenge runs until they bring back what I like.
https://youtu.be/3IzuFRJ5RKc

User Info: BigTee66

BigTee66
1 week ago#107
I quit the series after Ruby
MSI Z170-A PRO LGA 1151 | i5 6500 | ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 | 8GB DDR4 x 2 | EVGA 650W | Inwin 703 Black | Some starter build
Steam: teeman92

User Info: NaturalHarmonia

NaturalHarmonia
1 week ago#108
rosacea posted...
Everyone getting so salty over a kids game. What is going on with the world?

I could say the same to people getting salty over the opinions people have of a kids game that they don't agree with.

StewieGriffin23 posted...
Boo hoo, you didn't get what you wanted and big-name fans tolerate it. That's tough, huh?

You begged for balance before, now you don't want it? It's funny how you guys dislike the lack of change, then you whine like petulant children about the games that do take risks.

I feel so sorry for you.

Cutting Pokemon doesn't automatically create balance.
Pokemon Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun Trainer ID: Aaron/Link
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 2423-7295-7058

User Info: Sir_Specter

Sir_Specter
1 week ago#109
Mochzuki posted...
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
You can see it in the posts here. Customer loyalty for brands conquers all it seems. It doesn't matter what kind of product you make anymore, so long as it's a brand people are attached to it will continue to get bought anyway.

And that kind of sums up my problem with the industry lately. At least when it comes to popular stuff like Nintendo.

I mean, we've had quitters before who turned around and eventually bought the game anyway. Either this or the next, because they had that "Pokemon itch".

My point is, it's pointless to make quitting topics because chances are you're gonna buy the game anyway. If not this then the next one. If you do succeed great, but we're not gonna hear from you anymore to know about it.

I dont like post like this. It's a nice lowkey way of "s***ting" on you for being loyal to stuff you ENJOY. IMO an objectively bad game is a buggy game. A game that doesn't work properly. Cutting pokemon doesn't auto mean "the game is bad." In your mind it does in my mind it doesn't but calling us sheep for buying what we want to buy is a cope out counter argument. "They was gonna buy it anyway." What if I was a VG collector? What if I just wanted to own all pokemon games?

We're s***ting on you for gleefully accepting less quality than past iterations of the same series. If you do that, the developers have no incentive to improve their games. In fact, they have incentive to do less work with every iteration because you'll buy it anyway. That's exactly what's been happening.

Being loyal to a brand is dumb. Brands are not people. That loyalty is not reciprocated. Game Freak will not defend you or help you out in exchange for your loyalty. You're just a customer. You mean nothing to them beyond dollar signs. Why would you be loyal to an entity that doesn't even know you exist?

User Info: pichuscute

pichuscute
1 week ago#110
ScavengerDan posted...

Um.... It's not open world? Wild Area is a small, limited area that's essentially a pool to drop Pokemon into. You'll see it all in under an hour, if that. We've known this for months ever since GameXplain took a look at the trailers.

You got scammed by Game Freak, ouch.
Looking forward to: FFVIIR, Animal Crossing, SMTV, Daemon x Machina, Astral Chain
Fav series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Custom Robo, SMT, Final Fantasy.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who else is quitting Pokémon?
  • Topic Archived