This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who else is quitting Pokémon?

User Info: UncleRaditz

UncleRaditz
1 week ago#1
The year is 2019 and we're getting another generation of Pokémon. However, as you may or may not know, Sword & Shield are looking to be the most disappointing game if not the worst game in the series. Like honestly, a lot of features such as Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, and over half the Pokémon are getting cut out for the sake of "balance" and to make "higher quality animations and models". However, everything we've seen up to this point appears to be a lie and even if there is some truth to this, it's still completely unacceptable that a Pokémon Switch game has less content and looks outdated than its 3DS counterparts. And because it's likely that Pokétubers and "reviewers" are going to keep bootlicking Game Freak and give them a pass on their incompetence, the games are still gonna sell well and Game Freak are going to keep thinking that they don't need to improve. Because of that, I'm quitting Pokémon and you should too. If they're not going to improve or think that they need to improve and keep giving you the same mediocrity year after year then they are not worth your time or money. Good day and goodbye Pokémon, until you improve I'll move on to other games.
FC: 2166-0326-0469 IGN: Christa

User Info: samurai1900

samurai1900
1 week ago#2
If the series continues down its current path, it sure seems like it. It seems quite the shame, but it also opens up a giant void in the monster raising/training market. But it remains to be seen if there is anyone willing to dive in.
Saving The Last Remnant, one step at a time - https://steamcommunity.com/app/23310/discussions/0/2906376154333740815

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 week ago#3
Not me. I'm going to max out my hours played again
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1

User Info: Ishagu

Ishagu
1 week ago#4
This could be the best pokemon game to play in the history of thr series. That's a seperate issue from Dexit.

You can't claim it's looking like the worst
You're not a serious gamer if you never game on a PC!!
-~Ishagu~-

User Info: hailthorn

hailthorn
1 week ago#5
Not me. Been playing since the 90s. Not gonna dtop til im dead
Packers fan. Wizards fan. Orioles fan. Novak Djokovic fan. Nintendo fanboy. LP fan.

User Info: firegreen10

firegreen10
1 week ago#6
Yeah I'm probably done with pokemon. Gen 6 and 7 were really disappointing for me. I'll replay some of the older games another time. I just picked up Cyber Sleuth and been having a blast with it even through I never liked digimon.
3ds Fc:3222-6092-0858

User Info: Crocyre

Crocyre
1 week ago#7
hailthorn posted...
Not me. Been playing since the 90s. Not gonna stop til im dead.

2004 with FRLF, but since then I’ve played them all. Not leaving, we’ll make it through this. The games look exciting anyways, and I have my friends to play with to make it even better.

[]=={::::::::::::::::::>
<::::::::::::::::::}==[]

User Info: robby87

robby87
1 week ago#8
i still remember getting my blue carridge and game boy when they came out years ago. no way am i going to stop playing pokemon. am i sad about dexit? of course. i am still going to enjoy this game because it's pokemon

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
1 week ago#9
You can see it in the posts here. Customer loyalty for brands conquers all it seems. It doesn't matter what kind of product you make anymore, so long as it's a brand people are attached to it will continue to get bought anyway.

And that kind of sums up my problem with the industry lately. At least when it comes to popular stuff like Nintendo.

I mean, we've had quitters before who turned around and eventually bought the game anyway. Either this or the next, because they had that "Pokemon itch".

My point is, it's pointless to make quitting topics because chances are you're gonna buy the game anyway. If not this then the next one. If you do succeed great, but we're not gonna hear from you anymore to know about it.

It's not luck, it's fate.

User Info: zado19

zado19
1 week ago#10
@Ishagu posted...
This could be the best pokemon game to play in the history of thr series. That's a seperate issue from Dexit.

You can't claim it's looking like the worst

read what you actually typed here....
Smash replays
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqY6lLXxBAUq-7KSPbDYP5w
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who else is quitting Pokémon?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers