This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I can't believe you guy are complaining about Dexit, over the lack of new pokemo

User Info: NealIRC

NealIRC
1 week ago#11
mammyMinaji posted...
How many new Pokemon have been revealed and leaked? Because if I'm not mistaken, isn't the number of new Pokemon here the usual number of new Pokemon added in each generation and region? So I don't think that's really something for many to complain about.

Considering Gen 6's 72 pokemon also had mega evolutions, if we included the megas also in OR/AS, that totals 120 pokemon.

So this makes Gen 8 at an all time low, similar to Gen 7. Gen 7 did have ultra beasts though, something I suspect we'll have in a Sword Shield remake.
31 from Chicago.

User Info: RotomGuy3

RotomGuy3
1 week ago#12
NealIRC posted...
Considering Gen 6's 72 pokemon also had mega evolutions, if we included the megas also in OR/AS, that totals 120 pokemon.

So this makes Gen 8 at an all time low, similar to Gen 7. Gen 7 did have ultra beasts though, something I suspect we'll have in a Sword Shield remake.
81 new Pokes + 22 Gigantamaxes = 103 which is definitely higher than Gen 7. 20 Megas were added in ORAS so this game actually beats XY out for new models. This isn't even counting Galar forms
When is Pikmin 4

User Info: zado19

zado19
1 week ago#13
NealIRC posted...
400 pokemon in the pokedex, and only like 1/4th are new.

its 1/5th actually, 20.25% to be exact....
Smash replays
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqY6lLXxBAUq-7KSPbDYP5w

User Info: NealIRC

NealIRC
1 week ago#14
RotomGuy3 posted...
NealIRC posted...

81 new Pokes + 22 Gigantamaxes = 103 which is definitely higher than Gen 7. 20 Megas were added in ORAS so this game actually beats XY out for new models. This isn't even counting Galar forms

Hmm you're right that I shouldn't compare to include OR/AS megas for X Y, this just further brings down the count for the last 3 gens.

So I guess the only thing to look for is more mythicals and possibly something like Ultra Beasts in a Sword Shield remake.
31 from Chicago.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
1 week ago#15
1. They DID reuse the assets from old games. They are clearly exactly the same models.
2. They COULD add them back in new games, or in patches, but they won't, they specifically stated future games won't have all the Pokemon either.
bloop

User Info: NaturalHarmonia

NaturalHarmonia
1 week ago#16
NealIRC posted...
Some arguments about design are rather weak in nature. For example, Eiscue as an ugly penguin is just, you guys know Eiscue isn't the 1st penguin pokemon, so.

Of course it isn't genius. Its design is s***. Empoleon is way better and less bland.
Pokemon Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun Trainer ID: Aaron/Link
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 2423-7295-7058

User Info: DarkBuster22904

DarkBuster22904
1 week ago#17
NealIRC posted...
They did not copy/paste from prior consoles. They also said they could not copy/paste from prior consoles.

And Blizzard said the auction house was necessary to Diablo 3.

And EA said they use loot boxes because theyre lots of fun and gave players a sense of pride and accomplishment.

And Peter Molyneux says every fable game will have stuff and then it inevitably doesnt.

Game devs say stuff. Doesn't make it true.

NealIRC posted...
And not having the full pokedex means a Sword / Shield remake will have an expanded pokedex, so. This is great strategic marketing for a remake games..

Oh, goody goo. The games are stripped of content so that they can dangle that to tempt people to double dip on a slightly-improved version of the same game at full price next year! Lucky us!
Haven't had a good sig idea since 2006

User Info: ShinyMan333

ShinyMan333
1 week ago#18
Considering that fact dynamaxing is relatively central to the games story, I imagine it will be a one off thing for Galar. My guess is mega evolution will return in the inevitable remakes of diamond and pearl.
Jake: 4786 - 0280 - 9731

User Info: Rydershigh

Rydershigh
1 week ago#19
I’m begging TC to do some more research they have a unbelievable amount of faith in GF to a disturbing degree
*FC:414-1957-7120
"Everyone Withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum"

User Info: NaturalHarmonia

NaturalHarmonia
1 week ago#20
Rydershigh posted...
I’m begging TC to do some more research they have a unbelievable amount of faith in GF to a disturbing degree

He'll learn. lol.
Pokemon Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun Trainer ID: Aaron/Link
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 2423-7295-7058
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I can't believe you guy are complaining about Dexit, over the lack of new pokemo
  • Topic Archived