This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I can't believe you guy are complaining about Dexit, over the lack of new pokemo

User Info: NealIRC

NealIRC
1 week ago#1
400 pokemon in the pokedex, and only like 1/4th are new.

GameFreak stated their #1 argument was time. And that they had to start from scratch. They did not copy/paste from prior consoles. They also said they could not copy/paste from prior consoles.

And not having the full pokedex means a Sword / Shield remake will have an expanded pokedex, so. This is great strategic marketing for a remake games..

Anyways, there is only 1 argument against this, and it is not all 151 pokemon are in Galar pokedex. That is a blunder, as Let's Go is made, they could have just copy/pasted all the pokemon there to Galar, so.

Some arguments about design are rather weak in nature. For example, Eiscue as an ugly penguin is just, you guys know Eiscue isn't the 1st penguin pokemon, so.

Anyways, regarding Diamond/Pearl remakes, I think GameFreak will have a hard time deciding whether to bring back mega evolutions, Z moves, or dynamax back heh (assuming not all 3). I wonder if they'll even survey.
31 from Chicago.

NealIRC
1 week ago#2
Anyways, most of my criticisms are lack of new pokemon. For example.

-They didn't make a Rock/Grass regional variant of Sudowoodo and give it an evolution.
-Chandelure is so not Western-looking, they didn't give Lampent a branched evolution that is pure Fire, and redder (and could have the Levitate ability, or an ability for a Ghost body).
-Grass/Ghost Exeggutor, where the coconuts heads have skull faces instead.

Etc.
31 from Chicago.

User Info: mammyMinaji

mammyMinaji
1 week ago#3
How many new Pokemon have been revealed and leaked? Because if I'm not mistaken, isn't the number of new Pokemon here the usual number of new Pokemon added in each generation and region? So I don't think that's really something for many to complain about.

NealIRC posted...
And not having the full pokedex means a Sword / Shield remake will have an expanded pokedex, so. This is great strategic marketing for a remake games..

I don't think so.

User Info: robby87

robby87
1 week ago#4
people have legitimate criticisms and thats okay. you dont have any criticisms, and thats okay too
(message deleted)

User Info: ChibiRidley

ChibiRidley
1 week ago#6
"Not having pokemon makes a remake more valuable" is the opposite of a good argument. Withholding content in order to milk more money out of sequel bait is scummy as hell
Formally bet on 10/29/2018 that if Jibanyan is a playable character in Smash Ultimate, I will close my account

User Info: ssbmrocks

ssbmrocks
1 week ago#7
I believe there are 81 new Pokemon so far, which honestly is pretty decent.
I ask the important questions.

User Info: Ottotin

Ottotin
1 week ago#8
mammyMinaji posted...
NealIRC posted...

I don't think so.

NealIRC
1 week ago#9
Here's a weird thought: when they make the anime for Galar region translated to English, will they be speaking English in the same American accent, or British accent? Wouldn't the UK be upset if they spoke English in an American accent? XD
31 from Chicago.

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
1 week ago#10
NealIRC posted...
Here's a weird thought: when they make the anime for Galar region translated to English, will they be speaking English in the same American accent, or British accent? Wouldn't the UK be upset if they spoke English in an American accent? XD

I'd be upset if they spoke in "tryhard" British, so...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH- Akujiking
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I can't believe you guy are complaining about Dexit, over the lack of new pokemo
  • Topic Archived