This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Has Serebii gone too far with defending Gamefreak?

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
1 week ago#91
LightningAce11 posted...
He is a massive lapdog who has to defend his masters otherwise his third rate website goes under.

To be fair, his website is the only good source for Pokémon information (alongside Bulbapedia). If Serebii is third-rate, then all the other fanmade Pokémon sites are fourth-rate. I have honestly never found anything that comes even close to Serebii and Bulbapedia.

Byakuren posted...
Anybody who defends gamefreak in any way is a disgusting human being

This kind of attitude is still mind-boggling to me. How the hell are people always s***ting on Game Freak, but then don't say anything about Nintendo and TPC? Making any kind of decisions about the franchise requires all three of them agreeing on something, which means GF can't make any changes on their own.

Seriously, people should just stop cherrypicking and blame all three of them. Singling out Game Freak is childish af.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

User Info: EmmyGemstar

EmmyGemstar
1 week ago#92
I wonder how he was in the 00's. Before he had to take on more obligation. I was using his site back then, but I didn't actually see the guy.
(except not really)

User Info: Lord Necrodain

Lord Necrodain
1 week ago#93
I don't go to Serebii's website or pay attention to his activity on Twitter or wherever else, so I don't really know what he's been saying recently, but I've never liked him.

Back when Gen 2 was the newest set of games I used to browse the forums of another Pokémon fansite called The Pokémasters. I haven't gone there for a long time; I think the site still exists, but it was basically dead the last time I checked. Anyway, Serebii posted on those forums as well from time to time, and it was his behaviour there that made me decide to not use his site. This was 18 or so years ago so my memory's pretty fuzzy, but basically his signature on the forum was a giant advertisement for his own site and most of his posts were either advertising his site or telling people to stop using The Pokémasters and go to his site instead.

TL;DR: I think Serebii has always been rude and self-serving, long before the Dexit controversy was a thing.
"(VGChartz is) less accurate than rolling a d10 and multiplying out the results by 100k. Those numbers are works of fantasy." - Atlus Forum Admin

User Info: _Candice_

_Candice_
1 week ago#94
Anyone remember when he said that you didnt get experience for the first battles in Black and White and he swore up and down for two straight weeks that he didnt pirate the game?

Good times.

User Info: Akeva

Akeva
1 week ago#95
ohnoitslueshi posted...
I can tell that most of the people raking Joe over the coals have not ever had an actual income that allows them to support themselves, either because they are under the age of twenty or because they are chest-deep in the hikikomori lifestyle. If you have a chance to make a decent living off of the site that you've owned and operated for several decades that has historically been the most comprehensive source for Pokemon news and information next to Bulbapedia, you're going to take it and you sure as f*** aren't going to throw it away just to appease a vocal minority. Yeah, it sucks that he's no longer able to do leaks, but some of the s*** that people have been saying really demonstrates just how skewed their priorities are and how limited and distorted their worldviews are.

Thats a big assumption. A base insult and dismissal of everyone who has valid complaints of the game is arrogant and childish on your end.

I understand he needs to make a living, but if he wants to be a mouthpiece for GF and TPC apply for a marketing/PR position.

I never cared about JM one way or another before this gen. I would check his site here and there, but nothing major. But I sure am disappointed in what I have seen from him. Look...I get that his income comes from pokemons success, but that does not mean he needs to attack those that have valid reasons to be upset with the game. He has been arrogant, combative and dismissive of all who dared cry foul. Its one thing to not hype the game and not want to see the negativity, its another to combat it. Thats where the anger comes from

He doesnt have to appease anyone, but he doesnt need to incite their anger either
FFBE ID: 252 340 192 ------ Please have GFaqs in Info
IGN Akeva

User Info: NealIRC

NealIRC
1 week ago#96
Lord Necrodain posted...
I don't go to Serebii's website or pay attention to his activity on Twitter or wherever else, so I don't really know what he's been saying recently, but I've never liked him.

Back when Gen 2 was the newest set of games I used to browse the forums of another Pokémon fansite called The Pokémasters. I haven't gone there for a long time; I think the site still exists, but it was basically dead the last time I checked. Anyway, Serebii posted on those forums as well from time to time, and it was his behaviour there that made me decide to not use his site. This was 18 or so years ago so my memory's pretty fuzzy, but basically his signature on the forum was a giant advertisement for his own site and most of his posts were either advertising his site or telling people to stop using The Pokémasters and go to his site instead.

TL;DR: I think Serebii has always been rude and self-serving, long before the Dexit controversy was a thing.

Yup.

When I said "Serebii isn't evil in the sense that he is directly evil, but evil because he allows so much evil," I was referring to his forums, not his views/posts on Dexit.
31 from Chicago.

User Info: Cabecote

Cabecote
1 week ago#97
He licked so much, the boot is now a messy leather puddle
That's What The Water Gave Me

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
1 week ago#98
i read all hias posts and no he is right in his opinion just because lot of you guys are negative does not mean everyone share your opinion and not hating something does not make you a defender or chill people just likewhat you dont easy as that
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
1 week ago#99
Any defense is already going too far.

User Info: warnerbroman

warnerbroman
1 week ago#100
He's learning from Lebron James
1478 4237 6903 Xavier
Flying....you can't stop staring can you?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Has Serebii gone too far with defending Gamefreak?
  • Topic Archived