• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Japanese launch event CANCELLED due to "operational reasons"

User Info: SilverWingZeta

SilverWingZeta
5 days ago#41
Baha05 posted...
SilverWingZeta posted...
World introduced so many new monsters after putting put Monster Hunter X/XX which was a greatest hits game. And monster hunter is known to release free dlc to add content post launch. Pokemon has next to no post launch support.

Pokemon cuts features cause it's either too hard for kids (ORAS Battle Frontier), or to make a generation special (A Pokemon following you).

And yet the fact of the matter is World started out with LESS content and wouldn't matter if DLC was involved or not.

And that's the big thing about it, the amount of content in a game is generally not how you tell a game has been half assed. As developers have vastly different takes on their own series, and some do things differently.

Half assed would imply no real effort was made to make a quality product which is a bit harder to truly prove and the only big things to really go by are quality control

See you keep saying World has less content when every new gen with MH has less content compared to the G games. So are you comparing World to G/Ultimate games. Because if so you are gonna have to include Iceborne.
Sometimes, I just watch the boards burn.

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
5 days ago#42
SilverWingZeta posted...
See you keep saying World has less content when every new gen with MH has less content compared to the G games. So are you comparing World to G/Ultimate games. Because if so you are gonna have to include Iceborne.
Doesn't World and Iceborne still have less content than most if not all of the 3DS games? Not saying that in a negative way mind you, but I haven't had a chance to play World yet and haven't kept up with news on it.

So really what should be mentioned is that the jump from older MH games to World is bigger than the jump from 3DS Pokemon games to SnS. Thus there really isn't an excuse for why Pokemon couldn't do better at providing content and quality for these games.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: SaberLily

SaberLily
5 days ago#43
OP shoud be too much optimistic to think that GF will listen vocal minority enough to change their decisions. In reality it will hurt poke community in general thanks to anti dexit people.
But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence.
https://gph.is/1UPLxj3

User Info: thebestestbest

thebestestbest
5 days ago#44
Baha05 posted...
thebestestbest posted...
Baha05 posted...
thebestestbest posted...
Why don't you define half assing something then as a counter to my definition.

Oh idk

Putting in far less effort into the project, making no attempts at quality control (I'm not talking the trees or little goofy s*** either I'm talking game breaking bugs, massive texture and graphical errors that no play tester would miss, etc etc)

Not including all the Pokemon without and given context or idea into the development process is not a reason for the games to be considered half ass, neither is the amount of content in a game as you can see certain titles having LESS content and still looking good (Monster Hunter Worlds comes to mind)

lmao you don't get to just say bad quality control doesn't count because it's not severe enough.

For a major, 10+ million seller, budgets are much higher and therefore quality control is much stricter. You have the money to pay people to look at every little detail. This is what every other major studio does. They have the funds to have people look over every asset and ensure it is up to quality standards.

They didn't.

That is half assed.

We also roughly know how long it takes to port over pokemon movesets. We know how long it takes to 3D model from existing designs(fans do this all the time, nevermind professionals), we know how long it takes to add required animations as well. Gamefreak ALSO knows this, because they JUST DID IT with their last THREE iterations of the game.

They half assed this as well, by not having all the pokemon despite knowing almost exactly how much work it would be.

You don't get to just move the goalposts on what it means to release a good product because it makes this iteration look bad. Gamefreak has already shown what they are capable of as a baseline, and they are performing well below that mark.

So the TL;DR is that you aren't going to accept what is generally looked at when it comes to half assing a product.

I brought up everything that is generally looked at.

Is the quality there? Of course not. They can't even show off good graphics in the TRAILERS, which are cherry picked highest quality moments to sell the game. The animations are also well below standards.

Is the quantity there? Of course not. This is easily measurable. Is the game longer? No. Is the postgame more extensive? No. Are there more pokemon? Not only are there not more pokemon, but they are actually moving backwards here, not even just stagnating.

You said half assing is putting less effort into a product, well there you go. Compared to gamefreak's own previous iterations as a baseline, they put far less effort into this product as measured by quantity and quality of content.

SilverWingZeta
5 days ago#45
SymphonicGlory posted...
SilverWingZeta posted...
Doesn't World and Iceborne still have less content than most if not all of the 3DS games? Not saying that in a negative way mind you, but I haven't had a chance to play World yet and haven't kept up with news on it.

So really what should be mentioned is that the jump from older MH games to World is bigger than the jump from 3DS Pokemon games to SnS. Thus there really isn't an excuse for why Pokemon couldn't do better at providing content and quality for these games.

I haven't played Iceborne yet (I have to beat World on Xbone), but World felt as long as Generations to me. Still waiting on PC to get Iceborne. But yeah World made a major leap, not only for HD but making game play more welcoming. Is Pokémon going to show the effort that went into this for the cuts?

User Info: Cheeze_E_Breath

Cheeze_E_Breath
5 days ago#46
They deserve criticism, not threats. Christ, this fanbase can be the worst sometimes.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 days ago#47
SilverWingZeta posted...
Baha05 posted...
SilverWingZeta posted...
World introduced so many new monsters after putting put Monster Hunter X/XX which was a greatest hits game. And monster hunter is known to release free dlc to add content post launch. Pokemon has next to no post launch support.

Pokemon cuts features cause it's either too hard for kids (ORAS Battle Frontier), or to make a generation special (A Pokemon following you).

And yet the fact of the matter is World started out with LESS content and wouldn't matter if DLC was involved or not.

And that's the big thing about it, the amount of content in a game is generally not how you tell a game has been half assed. As developers have vastly different takes on their own series, and some do things differently.

Half assed would imply no real effort was made to make a quality product which is a bit harder to truly prove and the only big things to really go by are quality control

Well sure we'll go with that but you are getting off point here, the point being is that Content in general is not a good indication of a product being half assed. Because again we have no insight into how Gamefreak develops their games and whatever possible time restraints we have.

Hell even with the whole game being leaked and people being pissed off do we even have any real indication of the QUALITY of the damn games to begin with?
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
5 days ago#48
@PkmTrainerAbram He burnt it down because he claimed they stole an idea of his. Not because mostly women worked there.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: neobullseye

neobullseye
5 days ago#49
NeonDragon9000 posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
It's BEEN affecting them. I'm more interested in the sales for the first month tbh. I mean, they had to have seen this coming.

Anyone delusional enough actually want to still argue that the Japanese aren't pissed or that only a minority care?
That.

Please don't cut off half of someone's post when you quote them, especially not if that makes it look like they said the opposite of what they actually said (For reference to others, I pasted Abram's entire post back in, while only the bolded part was actually cited by NeonDragon).
FC: 1762-2800-4165. X IGN: Lily. OR IGN: Leon

SilverWingZeta
5 days ago#50
Baha05 posted...
SilverWingZeta posted...
Baha05 posted...
SilverWingZeta posted...

Well sure we'll go with that but you are getting off point here, the point being is that Content in general is not a good indication of a product being half assed. Because again we have no insight into how Gamefreak develops their games and whatever possible time restraints we have.

Hell even with the whole game being leaked and people being pissed off do we even have any real indication of the QUALITY of the damn games to begin with?

Time restraints...like how at the same Direct Nintendo delayed Animal Crossing to make sure it's the best they can make it?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Japanese launch event CANCELLED due to "operational reasons"
  • Topic Archived