• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Japanese launch event CANCELLED due to "operational reasons"

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 days ago#31
thebestestbest posted...
Why don't you define half assing something then as a counter to my definition.

Oh idk

Putting in far less effort into the project, making no attempts at quality control (I'm not talking the trees or little goofy s*** either I'm talking game breaking bugs, massive texture and graphical errors that no play tester would miss, etc etc)

Not including all the Pokemon without and given context or idea into the development process is not a reason for the games to be considered half ass, neither is the amount of content in a game as you can see certain titles having LESS content and still looking good (Monster Hunter Worlds comes to mind)
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: mania568

mania568
5 days ago#32
lets be real here for a sec, if everyone didnt do anything because there might be a dangerous person there, nothing would be done, security is there for a reason, accidents happen but if everyone lived in fear there would be no events. Blizzard wasnt scared to do blizzcon and wasnt that MUCH more likely to have protests than pokemon? just saying.

Baha05
5 days ago#33
SilverWingZeta posted...
Says the guy in another topic is ok with no Nat Dex cause of bad eggs.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/259372-pokemon-sword/78142317

Also spoiler alert I never said I was ok with no National Dex, was more in line with the idea of people being children. Which yeah people are being VERY childish by nature here.

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
5 days ago#34
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
kumorixLoveless posted...
This is in Japan. Not America.

Dude, the KyoAni fire ring a bell? Some nutjob set an animation studio on fire and killed alot of people because it was mostly all women working there and he couldn't handle THAT. These types of jerks are everywhere sadly.

Really, lives are not worth dying over a game. If you don't like it, just don't buy it. In my day it was so simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
FC4399-2452-9478
(message deleted)

User Info: SilverWingZeta

SilverWingZeta
5 days ago#36
Baha05 posted...
thebestestbest posted...

Oh idk

Putting in far less effort into the project, making no attempts at quality control (I'm not talking the trees or little goofy s*** either I'm talking game breaking bugs, massive texture and graphical errors that no play tester would miss, etc etc)

Not including all the Pokemon without and given context or idea into the development process is not a reason for the games to be considered half ass, neither is the amount of content in a game as you can see certain titles having LESS content and still looking good (Monster Hunter Worlds comes to mind)

World introduced so many new monsters after putting put Monster Hunter X/XX which was a greatest hits game. And monster hunter is known to release free dlc to add content post launch. Pokemon has next to no post launch support.

Pokemon cuts features cause it's either too hard for kids (ORAS Battle Frontier), or to make a generation special (A Pokemon following you).
Sometimes, I just watch the boards burn.

User Info: SilverWingZeta

SilverWingZeta
5 days ago#37
Baha05 posted...
SilverWingZeta posted...
Says the guy in another topic is ok with no Nat Dex cause of bad eggs.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/259372-pokemon-sword/78142317

Also spoiler alert I never said I was ok with no National Dex, was more in line with the idea of people being children. Which yeah people are being VERY childish by nature here.

Yep you were very clear with "Pretty much" in response to a rant to punish the death wishing cancer here.
Sometimes, I just watch the boards burn.

Baha05
5 days ago#38
SilverWingZeta posted...
World introduced so many new monsters after putting put Monster Hunter X/XX which was a greatest hits game. And monster hunter is known to release free dlc to add content post launch. Pokemon has next to no post launch support.

Pokemon cuts features cause it's either too hard for kids (ORAS Battle Frontier), or to make a generation special (A Pokemon following you).

And yet the fact of the matter is World started out with LESS content and wouldn't matter if DLC was involved or not.

And that's the big thing about it, the amount of content in a game is generally not how you tell a game has been half assed. As developers have vastly different takes on their own series, and some do things differently.

Half assed would imply no real effort was made to make a quality product which is a bit harder to truly prove and the only big things to really go by are quality control

SilverWingZeta posted...
Yep you were very clear with "Pretty much" in response to a rant to punish the death wishing cancer here.

And you're right I wasn't clear and that's a my bad, but becasue of that fact you decide to think one thing and not the other even though I'm telling you now that I was not in agreement of Dexit being a ting because of people complaining.

User Info: thebestestbest

thebestestbest
5 days ago#39
Baha05 posted...
thebestestbest posted...

Oh idk

lmao you don't get to just say bad quality control doesn't count because it's not severe enough.

For a major, 10+ million seller, budgets are much higher and therefore quality control is much stricter. You have the money to pay people to look at every little detail. This is what every other major studio does. They have the funds to have people look over every asset and ensure it is up to quality standards.

They didn't.

That is half assed.

We also roughly know how long it takes to port over pokemon movesets. We know how long it takes to 3D model from existing designs(fans do this all the time, nevermind professionals), we know how long it takes to add required animations as well. Gamefreak ALSO knows this, because they JUST DID IT with their last THREE iterations of the game.

They half assed this as well, by not having all the pokemon despite knowing almost exactly how much work it would be.

You don't get to just move the goalposts on what it means to release a good product because it makes this iteration look bad. Gamefreak has already shown what they are capable of as a baseline, and they are performing well below that mark.

Baha05
5 days ago#40
thebestestbest posted...
Baha05 posted...
thebestestbest posted...

Oh idk

lmao you don't get to just say bad quality control doesn't count because it's not severe enough.

For a major, 10+ million seller, budgets are much higher and therefore quality control is much stricter. You have the money to pay people to look at every little detail. This is what every other major studio does. They have the funds to have people look over every asset and ensure it is up to quality standards.

They didn't.

That is half assed.

We also roughly know how long it takes to port over pokemon movesets. We know how long it takes to 3D model from existing designs(fans do this all the time, nevermind professionals), we know how long it takes to add required animations as well. Gamefreak ALSO knows this, because they JUST DID IT with their last THREE iterations of the game.

They half assed this as well, by not having all the pokemon despite knowing almost exactly how much work it would be.

You don't get to just move the goalposts on what it means to release a good product because it makes this iteration look bad. Gamefreak has already shown what they are capable of as a baseline, and they are performing well below that mark.

So the TL;DR is that you aren't going to accept what is generally looked at when it comes to half assing a product.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Japanese launch event CANCELLED due to "operational reasons"
  • Topic Archived