• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Japanese launch event CANCELLED due to "operational reasons"

User Info: Golem25

Golem25
5 days ago#141
Isn't 'Operational reasons' a marketing euphemism for 'possible PR disaster'?
The best destination for kits on the web; https://club25football.wordpress.com/

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
5 days ago#142
Hop103 posted...
These are world famous figures worth billions, it's almost a given that they have access to proper security, if their lives are in danger, they should have the event with beefed up security and not let the crazies win, otherwise this is nothing but an excuse to not address their poor game decisions.

Or they could not be pelted by body pillows and parts of ancient Eevee fursuits.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
5 days ago#143
Blayshy posted...
Clickbait article. I don't buy it.
What makes you say that?
Currently Playing: FE Three Houses, Link's Awakening, Bloodstained, FF9, RE7, Dark Souls: Remastered, Xenoblade 2, DB FighterZ, Smash Ultimate

User Info: Duwangboi

Duwangboi
5 days ago#144
Lorulian posted...
Blayshy posted...
Clickbait article. I don't buy it.
What makes you say that?

There isn't a shred of proof of what the title says
Duwangboi's bizarre life
https://i.imgtc.ws/wyeyz2s.jpg

User Info: Peachi

Peachi
4 days ago#145
kumorixLoveless posted...
d_charizard posted...
Or they're just worried about some nutjob starting an actual riot over it and people getting injured or killed over it.
This is in Japan. Not America.
DeepThroat0 posted...
Nomura is a terra-ble writer.

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
4 days ago#146
Peachi posted...
kumorixLoveless posted...
d_charizard posted...
Or they're just worried about some nutjob starting an actual riot over it and people getting injured or killed over it.

Only people died from some psycho burning down an ANIME STUDIO in Japan.
However, in this case, I sincerely believe this is because the game is going to crash and burn. Not because someone is going to beat them up or worse.
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 days ago#147

Yeah, and in Japan people with murderous intent actually go for companies and celebrities. In America (and New Zealand where unfortunately alt-right bulls*** reached one twisted f***) we have Neo-Nazi scum trying to take out as many people as possible by targeting areas where people are not expecting it.

The Kyoani fire, that one incident from a few years back where someone stabbed some members of an idol group.....

So yes. This is in Japan. Not America. But it means the opposite of what you think it does.

Blizzard wasnt scared to do blizzcon and wasnt that MUCH more likely to have protests than pokemon?

No.

-For the most part, it's liberals that are pissed off at Blizzard. (Yeah, Marco Rubio signed that letter along with AOC. But he takes money from the NRA which takes money from Russia. So f*** that hypocrite.) Liberals are NOT violent protesters.

-Blizzard's actions are actually understandable. China is a massive chunk of their income and the Chinese government is very oppressive not just to their own people, but foreign companies that do business with them. They could cut off Blizzard completely at any time and Blizzard could end up having to let employees go due to having a lot less money for game development. But there is absolutely zero good reason whatsoever for Dexit. None. We KNOW they could have easily brought back everyone. Thanks to the leaks we know there is no super grand elaborate content that would take development time away from a few people porting over models and animations already done. And Masuda says it's a permanent change. So all "time constraint" arguments are void.

-Blizzard's games are unaffected by the controversy outside of one person being banned. It's a PR issue, not a game issue. Whereas Pokémon's outrage is PRECISELY because of the core of the games, the pokémon themselves, are being removed.

-Overwatch 2 leaked before Blizzcon and people were expecting Diablo 4 even if only as damage control over last Blizzcon. So there was something to look forward to. Something to soften the blow. We know everything relevant that Sw/Sh has to offer. There's nothing they can tell us that can change our minds at this point.

Also japanese fans aren't as mental as american ones. No one is going to attack anyone here.

I repeat: Kyoani.

The Hong Kong incident with Blizzard was on a MUCH grander scale and yet not a single person was injured during Blizzcon.

It really isn't. Blizzard isn't personally hurting people in Hong Kong by doing business in China and trying to appease a government that demands loyalty. But the people in Hong Kong that get Sw/Sh and see their favorites cut are going to feel a lot worse than they already do being brutalized by China.....

https://nintendosoup.com/pokemon-sword-and-shield-japanese-launch-event-could-have-been-cancelled-for-masuda-and-ohmoris-safety/

Don't link to that clickbait website bulls***. I mean, it's a website with Nintendo right in the name. Nintendo fansites are just as bad as Fox News when it comes to pushing an agenda. I mean, we all know how much Joe Merrick has been shilling.....

How could you guys be heartless as to be joyed that this event was canceled?

It has never happened yet you are happy?

How heartless could you be? How come you're not sad? W-why. . . . .

Masuda was heartless enough to remove a majority of pokémon, which are beloved by fans young and old across the world, and even made an assholish Twitter response to a Bayleef fan on Twitter. Knowing Bayleef is gone.

Masuda is the monster here. Learn who the hell you're actually defending.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Rydershigh

Rydershigh
4 days ago#148
thebestestbest posted...
Baha05 posted...
So keep up the message of being petty and upholding some imaginary standard that no one can define?

I defined it for you earlier but you are blind.

For god sake baha are you just incapable of being tolerate? Always starting fights over nothing for the sake of “trolling and toxic fans”
*FC:414-1957-7120
"Everyone Withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum"

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
4 days ago#149
"Masuda was heartless enough to remove a majority of pokémon, which are beloved by fans young and old across the world, and even made an assholish Twitter response to a Bayleef fan on Twitter. Knowing Bayleef is gone."

Wait, what?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH- Akujiking

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 days ago#150
ShadowZangoose posted...
"Masuda was heartless enough to remove a majority of pokémon, which are beloved by fans young and old across the world, and even made an assholish Twitter response to a Bayleef fan on Twitter. Knowing Bayleef is gone."

Wait, what?

Basically a fan showed a tweet with Bayleef and was all "I love Bayleef yay Bayleef" and Masuda gave a standard PR "I'm happy you like Pokemon" response
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Japanese launch event CANCELLED due to "operational reasons"
  • Topic Archived