• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are YOU happy with your gen favorite(s)'s stats? *stat spoilers*

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
5 days ago#51
@AzumarillTho Which Pokemon are you waiting for?

@NealIRC posted...
MissCarriage posted...
@NealIRC You really like your rock types don’t you?

Actually no.

I generally like 3-stage evolution pokemon, and the Coalossal family is the only 1 I like this generation so.

My favorite elements would be color based.

I was hoping for a Grass/Fire for several gens, disappointed that Sun/Moon didn't produce a Grass/Fire type. Or maybe GameFreak is saving the best for last...

My favorite color is red so I naturally liked the Fire type. But I been really liking Ghost type lately, at least for haunted houses. And recently started to like Grass types, but only for Grass-types that are plants, and not animals. Was also hoping for a Grass/Rock pokemon (but not hoping Rillaboom as Grass/Rock), only hoping for a Grass/Rock as a rocky-plant or planty-rock, not as an animal.

How... specific! I was personally hoping for a Grass/Fire type as well. Or a whale or dolphin Pokemon. I'd love a narwhal... how long must I wait to get one!?

soothsayer posted...
thievul: disappointed really. I was hoping he wasn't going to be the liepard of this gen but that's exactly what he is. Hurts.

toxicitiy: man wtf, amped up needs immediate explanation because right now, I'm salty. Easily my favorite design, sick typing, somewhat cool ability(though I feel like he'd need a new STAB move to take advantage of it, an electric sound move would be pretty cool), but his stats are super underwhelming at least in low key. I hope amped up remedies it but I'll be sad if tocitiy ends up with some slow-start esque ability.

phalinks: better than expected. Pleasantly surprised.

What is Amped Up?
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
5 days ago#52
@MissCarriage amped up is the name of its form that's yellow and violet, while low key is its blue and violet form. We've seen its stats in low-key form, but not amped up and people suspect/are hoping it gets better once it is in that form. Sadly, the leaker doesn't know how to get amped up form.

User Info: Bartz

Bartz
5 days ago#53
watersprite_12 posted...
Toxtricity: A mixed attacker? was not expecting that but thats even better than i could have hoped. Do we know what the Punk rock ability does?

Boosts sound-based attacks and halves damage received from sound-based attacks.

User Info: NealIRC

NealIRC
5 days ago#54
MissCarriage posted...
How... specific! I was personally hoping for a Grass/Fire type as well. Or a whale or dolphin Pokemon. I'd love a narwhal... how long must I wait to get one!?

I recently liked the Grass type because of it's resistance to Ground (and therefore Earthquakes).

All the pokemon I like typically have a weakness and 4x weakness to Ground: Poison/Fire, Coalossal, Electric/Fire, Electric/Poison, etc. Hence why hoping for a Rotom tutor that can teach moves like Flamethrower, Scald, etc.

Only elements that resist Ground are Grass and Bug, and not into Bug types.

This means the only way Steel can not be weak to Ground besides Flying or Levitate, is to be paired with Grass or Bug, but by doing so, gets a 4x weakness to Fire.

Grass/Rock ironically does not have a 4x weakness, and neither does a Fire/Grass.

Guess we have to wait for the mythicals!

And now we know mythicals can come in all sizes as well as stat distributions.

And it's possible if there's a Sword 2 / Shield 2 or whatever, more mythical pokemon could be added. That's a friggin year from now lol.
31 from Chicago.

MissCarriage
5 days ago#55
@NealIRC Ah I see! I'm genuinely surprised we don't have a Grass/Rock type yet. It seems like such an obvious type combo, same with Grass/Ground (just one line!?).

Yeah... let's hope the other fossils + more Pokemon come with the sequels too.

@soothsayer posted...
@MissCarriage amped up is the name of its form that's yellow and violet, while low key is its blue and violet form. We've seen its stats in low-key form, but not amped up and people suspect/are hoping it gets better once it is in that form. Sadly, the leaker doesn't know how to get amped up form.

Oh very interesting...! I assumed they were just color differences like the Shellos line. Perhaps using a certain amount of sound moves/getting hit by sound moves gets it amped up?

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
5 days ago#56
Sometime around Gen 4 they decided that the regional birds no longer needed to be bad
Patience.

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
5 days ago#57
Note that these stats are not set in stone, and are just rough estimates. IVs and EVs will naturally mess with the numbers.
https://i.imgur.com/fw1QFvY.png - Tea time, f***ers.
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is the best DS Zelda game.
MissCarriage posted...
@NealIRC Ah I see! I'm genuinely surprised we don't have a Grass/Rock type yet. It seems like such an obvious type combo, same with Grass/Ground (just one line!?).

Yeah... let's hope the other fossils + more Pokemon come with the sequels too.

Oh very interesting...! I assumed they were just color differences like the Shellos line. Perhaps using a certain amount of sound moves/getting hit by sound moves gets it amped up?

Well we do have Rock/Grass Pokemon, being Cradily from Gen 3
Ryzen 5 1600| 16GB DDR4| Asus RX 580 8GB|
Playing: LoL, Doom, Smash Ultimate, Cuphead, Vermintide 2, Sonic Mania| Switch FC: SW-0515-3760-5810

MissCarriage
5 days ago#59
@Star_Butterfly Oh right...! Poor Cradily...

User Info: Kecleon7

Kecleon7
5 days ago#60
Grimmsnarl is my favourite Pokemon now, it’s stats are kinda disappointing ngl. High attack and some sp. atk when it probably doesn’t even need that stat :/
but I don’t mind that much. I wasn’t going to care if the stats were bad I’m using him on my team, and making a competitive build for him :)
ID: 3107777030
My Azama: https://imgur.com/a/UaImr7Y
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are YOU happy with your gen favorite(s)'s stats? *stat spoilers*
  • Post New Message