• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are YOU happy with your gen favorite(s)'s stats? *stat spoilers*

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
5 days ago#31
@Nokocchi posted...
Serum posted...
No... They made Galarian Cofagrigus a physical attacker. WHY!?

@Serum It's not Galarian Cof@grius, it's Runerigus, a different Pokemon that Galarian Yamask evolves into instead of Cof@grius(Galarian Meowth is the same, instead of evolving into a Galarian Persian it evolves into Perrserker). Also Higher attack than Conf@grius makes sense, with it's ability it will often still the abilities of opposing physical attackers, which will have abilities often beneficial for something with its stats.

Oh really!? I totally thought it was the same Pokemon.
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses
Barraskewda- sweet mother of Kyogre, this thing is good! I'm liking how this thing is looking!

Cursola: ...honestly, not really sure what I expected. Low Defense makes sense, it's just dead, crumbling coral with a ghost coming out. And it seems to be tied to the broken coral, so the low Speed makes sense in the same way it does for Spiritomb. And not really surprised at the high Special stats, personally. I think the decent Attack is the only thing really surprising me here.

Galarian Weezing: ...they nerfed its Attack and didn't buff Sp. Atk? Really? I hope that's just an estimate and that it's wrong, personally.

Toxtricity: Was hoping for a little more Speed, but I'm sure this can work.

Also, @MissCarriage I'm home from work now if you're available to make that trade.
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4694795/Missingno-Master (my fanfics, please read)
https://i.imgur.com/uWrBYs2.png (my Shinies, not for trade)
(edited 5 days ago)

MissCarriage
5 days ago#33
@Missingno_Mastr It HAS to be a bad estimate. Most regionals have the same BST as their base forms, just altered.

Toxtricity has made it to your top 4? What about Flapple, Cinderace, Stunfisk, Indeedee, etc.?

I'll be free in 3-4 hours! Technically still at work (being bad!). I'll PM you so you don't have to wait around!
MissCarriage posted...
@Missingno_Mastr It HAS to be a bad estimate. Most regionals have the same BST as their base forms, just altered.

I certainly hope so. I'm really hoping they buffed its Sp. Atk at the expense of its Attack, really.

MissCarriage posted...
Toxtricity has made it to your top 4? What about Flapple, Cinderace, Stunfisk, Indeedee, etc.?

...I didn't go over the list too thoroughly, did I? Wow. Alright, lemme see...

Cinderace- Alright, high Attack, high Speed, about what I was expecting. Not much for Sp. Atk, but I don't really think I was expecting much different.

Stunfisk- First off, how the hell did I miss this? It's right above Corsola and Cursola. And second, seems they've just flipped its offenses and defenses to favor the physical side, and I can appreciate that. Earthquake now becomes a solid option for it, and... well, I'm honestly hoping we get some sort of Steel-type biting move now. First Mawile, now this- the time has most definitely come. Also, I wanna know more about Mimicry- does it only activate upon one of the four kinds of terrain being activated, or is it just Camouflage in Ability form?

Appletun- Ooh, this is gonna be able to take some hits. Couple that with Ripen, it could be pretty annoying to go up against... and pretty satisfying to sic on your opponents. >:)

Aand... Indeedee's stats aren't on this yet. Aww. I was hoping to get a better feel for what it can do.

Pincurchin- ...this is not just an Electric Pyukumuku. Wow. Not with offenses like that! Decent Attack, too- hoping it gets Zing Zap, because this should not have to rely on a recoil move for good physical STAB. Not with that HP and Speed. We've seen how that works out for Flareon.

Eternatus- Pure power. Not that I expected any different. :)

Coalossal- Oof. Lower Attack than I was hoping to see.

MissCarriage posted...
I'll be free in 3-4 hours! Technically still at work (being bad!). I'll PM you so you don't have to wait around!

Gah... I'll be in bed by that point. >_< My free time on Thursdays and Fridays is... very, very limited, unfortunately. However, if you'll be available at the same time on Saturday, then we got something there.
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4694795/Missingno-Master (my fanfics, please read)
https://i.imgur.com/uWrBYs2.png (my Shinies, not for trade)
MissCarriage posted...
Powercreep!
They have the freedom to balance the game however they want. Dragonite for example was always and still is very good even in comparison to his pseudo peers, so powercreep isn't really an excuse
Filler space

User Info: bstroke0425

bstroke0425
5 days ago#36
Why are Meltan and Melmetal on there? They aren’t gen 8

MissCarriage
5 days ago#37
@Missingno_Mastr Wondering about Mimicry myself. Sounds like Camouflage in ability form so far.

So excited for Appletun! It'll be my Gen 6 Trevenant all over again. >:)

Ah that's fine! Sorry, late day today.

@Ascended_Swordmaster True!
I completely did not expect Barraskewda to be a godspeed glasscanon. Can't say i'm dissatisfied.

MissCarriage
5 days ago#39
@DunsparceFanboy Yeah I totally expected it to be the Basculin/Seaking/Lumineon of its gen!

User Info: NealIRC

NealIRC
5 days ago#40
Wow, Coalossal is hands-down my favorite pokemon of Gen 8.

And I can't wait to find out what it's 2nd abilty is, hoping it's Solid Rock so it's 4x weaknesses become 3x.

Coalossal is more powerful than a lot of people think. By having an added Fire type, it loses it's weakness to Grass and Steel. I was hoping it's bst matches that of Rhyperior but ah darn.

Gen 5 had Gigalith (515) Gen 6 had Tyrantrum (521) and now Gen 8 has Coalossal (525).
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are YOU happy with your gen favorite(s)'s stats? *stat spoilers*
  • Post New Message