This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are YOU happy with your gen favorite(s)'s stats? *stat spoilers*

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
1 week ago#1
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H8XAJz0SJFoFDBzZuyOawYRrNAzZYlmaaXJNBejEgbs

Thanks to @RotomGuy3 for linking me!

Here are my opinions:

Thievul - I can't say I'm necessarily pleased by seeing his stats and ability, but I kind of expected them once I saw his placement in the Pokedex. He's more or less the Liepard or Mightyena of his generation. Still love him and will be using him to his full potential, of course! It's always nice to have a challenge, especially when everyone is sure to be trash talking it for being "mediocre/bad." Here's hoping for a great HA in the future (Prankster!?), or perhaps a strong movepool!

Dubwool - A thicc and bulky boy! Would have been nice to see a secondary Steel typing (same with Thievul + secondary Fire), but pure Normal is fine, too. A great ability with solid stats and a higher BST than I expected!

Appletun - His BST is a little lower than I expected, but the stat spread isn't too terrible! Also a bulky boy with a lovely new ability and signature move. Appletun genuinely makes me so happy when I look at him! Reminds me of English fairy tales when I was a kid.

Frosmoth - Wow... just wow! I wanted her to be the Volcarona of her generation but didn't have high hopes with GF's history with Ice and Bug types, but look at her stats! I'm absolutely shocked in the best of ways! A fast, powerful special attacking Ice type with access to Quiver Dance? Yes please! @Ascended_Swordmaster

Arctovish - Okay, I totally didn't expect SUCH a high BST on the fossils but I'm not complaining! Glad I have at least one favorite that's a physical attacker. All his other stats look extremely solid as well. Love the Water/Ice typing so I'm very pleased here!

Now I just have to wait for G-Rapidash!

@Missingno_Mastr
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses

User Info: punisher1379

punisher1379
1 week ago#2
MissCarriage posted...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H8XAJz0SJFoFDBzZuyOawYRrNAzZYlmaaXJNBejEgbs

What do all the colors in the stats section mean? And it lists Farfetch'd as fighting, has this been leaked somewhere?
Metroid Prime is the best game ever made.

MissCarriage
1 week ago#3
@punisher1379 posted...
MissCarriage posted...

What do all the colors in the stats section mean? And it lists Farfetch'd as fighting, has this been leaked somewhere?

I think red means bad, green means good, blue means great, and no color means average.

I'm not sure how accurate everything is, but I'm sure they're just close guestimates/assumptions at this point.

User Info: ImaginBreaker

ImaginBreaker
1 week ago#4
I guess so? Alcremie is just your basic slow high spdef good spatk tanky fairy. They will be fine. Especially cool that they are being built with doubles in mind so they should see some use on the big stage. Their speed isn't too bad. Could be decent speed with investment.
Most Underrated Manga: Zettai Karen Children
Most Underrated Anime: Symphogear

User Info: kix5

kix5
1 week ago#5
punisher1379 posted...
MissCarriage posted...

As far as I see, they only highlight high/low stats (red seems to be <70 etc.).
And Fighting for Farfetch'd is probably a placeholder for now, if I had to assume.
UltraOfficial UltraXurkitree of the UltraSunFAQs UltraBoard

User Info: BouncingFish

BouncingFish
1 week ago#6
Centiscorch has crazy BST but a s***ty spread. Unsure how to feel.

Barraskewda looks good but speed alone isn't gonna win it a spot in high tier. Too many speed checks.

Very happy with Hatterene's spread. Likely the Gardevoir of this gen.

Dragapult is nice, too. Need to see its movepool.
:)

User Info: punisher1379

punisher1379
1 week ago#7
Pleasantly surprised by Greedunt, Sandaconda and Grapploct's stats!
Metroid Prime is the best game ever made.

User Info: RotomGuy3

RotomGuy3
1 week ago#8
Runerigus is slow as balls but has a really unique ability I'm interested to see the uses for.

Toxtricity looks good, not fantastic, but we're yet to see its other form.

Dubwool is one of my favourite designs this Gen and I expected it to be a throwaway trashmon. Super happy to see a nice stat spread and such an ability on it
When is Pikmin 4

MissCarriage
1 week ago#9
@RotomGuy3 What does Runerigus's ability do? Also, what does Mimicry do?

User Info: kix5

kix5
1 week ago#10
BouncingFish posted...
Barraskewda looks good but speed alone isn't gonna win it a spot in high tier. Too many speed checks.

Accounted for Swift Swim? It's been also shown having some real nice coverage options.... People seem to be pretty wary of that thing. :}
UltraOfficial UltraXurkitree of the UltraSunFAQs UltraBoard
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are YOU happy with your gen favorite(s)'s stats? *stat spoilers*
  • Topic Archived