This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Was there actually a change of directors of this series after BW2 into X/Y?

User Info: Plasmas

Plasmas
1 week ago#21
Twinklestar posted...
This topic makes me wonder how amazing a Pokemon game will be if it was made by both Morimoto and Unno, without Masuda, Turner, and Ohmori being anywhere close to the game (other than Masuda for the musics, maybe)

That would be a game worthy of "highest grossing media franchise "
Merlin: Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 week ago#22
HakuMan111386 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
Duncanwii posted...
Yeah Ohmori made the best games on the list.

Yeah, I think Ohmori gets too much flack for what Masuda does. Masuda is a complete hack who needs to go away from Pokemon.

What's wrong with Masuda?

Just look at Let's Go and XY. You will see why Masuda is a hack. Just saying.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife - https://bit.ly/2JEMxKX

User Info: Spiral55

Spiral55
1 week ago#23
Twinklestar posted...
This topic makes me wonder how amazing a Pokemon game will be if it was made by both Morimoto and Unno, without Masuda, Turner, and Ohmori being anywhere close to the game (other than Masuda for the musics, maybe)

What makes you think anything would change for the better? That's a big assumption. Just like people assuming Yoshiaki Koizumi coming back to Zelda would unify the fanbase again after it's been fracture for so long.
LULZ

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 week ago#24
wingblade98 posted...
BW2 was directed by Takao Unno. XY and LGPE were directed by Masuda. ORAS and SM and SS are directed by Ohmori (Masuda's successor)
Are you detecting a pattern yet?

Masuda created the objectively worse games in the series.
Playing:
PS4: Castlevania Requiem. N.Switch: Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3. 3DS: Pokemon Moon. Mobile: Dragon Quest III

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 week ago#25
This thread will end in a funny way.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Gamecube_Gamer

Gamecube_Gamer
1 week ago#26
It's also when they introduced trainer customization
Smash battle videos at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfD4_LfZBENKM0SQP1FOmvA

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
1 week ago#27
HakuMan111386 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
Duncanwii posted...

Yeah, I think Ohmori gets too much flack for what Masuda does. Masuda is a complete hack who needs to go away from Pokemon.

Masuda: We need to remove content to surprise gamers, example riding Pokemon, pokemon following, sky travel, underwater travel, etc.

Masuda: We didn't put Battle Frontier into OR/AS due to kids getting frustrated and bored due to smartphones.
Doesn't matter if Battle Frontier was good or bad, it has nothing to do with OR/AS being R/S remake, it was for that stupid reason.

Masuda: We are cutting Pokemon for higher quality fidelity and new designs (I am not sure what the correct word on the design part)

All three points which Masuda has said which is bad. Masuda is all about cutting.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 week ago#28
supermichael11 posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
Duncanwii posted...

Masuda: We need to remove content to surprise gamers, example riding Pokemon, pokemon following, sky travel, underwater travel, etc.

Masuda: We didn't put Battle Frontier into OR/AS due to kids getting frustrated and bored due to smartphones.
Doesn't matter if Battle Frontier was good or bad, it has nothing to do with OR/AS being R/S remake, it was for that stupid reason.

Masuda: We are cutting Pokemon for higher quality fidelity and new designs (I am not sure what the correct word on the design part)

All three points which Masuda has said which is bad. Masuda is all about cutting.

Masuda "Please understand."
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife - https://bit.ly/2JEMxKX

User Info: NaturalHarmonia

NaturalHarmonia
1 week ago#29
HakuMan111386 posted...
I don't quite understand. I think that is maybe when they started going downhill with the quality of post-game elimination in the games being a standard starting from X/Y? Was it the move to 3D or was there an actual behind the scenes change of directors in Gamefreak?

No Gamefreak has always been behind the times. They obviously struggled with optimization and other things related to the jump from 2D to 3D in X/Y. Gamefreak has literally always been incompetent.

ssj_duelist posted...
wingblade98 posted...
BW2 was directed by Takao Unno. XY and LGPE were directed by Masuda. ORAS and SM and SS are directed by Ohmori (Masuda's successor)
Are you detecting a pattern yet?

Masuda created the objectively worse games in the series.

Masuda directed most of the games in the series so that's not saying much.
Pokemon Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun Trainer ID: Aaron/Link
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 2423-7295-7058

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
6 days ago#30
Spiral55 posted...
Twinklestar posted...

What makes you think anything would change for the better? That's a big assumption. Just like people assuming Yoshiaki Koizumi coming back to Zelda would unify the fanbase again after it's been fracture for so long.

It's a good assumption though, considering we haven't see them screwing up a game so far, unlike with Masuda and Ohmori.

Can't comment about Zelda since I know nothing about that franchise and the actual state of the fanbase.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Was there actually a change of directors of this series after BW2 into X/Y?
  • Topic Archived