• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Was there actually a change of directors of this series after BW2 into X/Y?

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
6 days ago#11
I wonder how another game by Iwao (USUM director) would be like
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD/S/US I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRj1lj8EWzRtw3jp3HUXCxQ? .I play games
SpreadManning posted...
I think it's just the jump to 3D, 6 years post XY launch and they are still having trouble.

This, partially. IMO it was the desire to keep up with the modern graphics that "took Pokémon downhill" as some would say (I fully disagree with that statement, by the way).

They perfected their work with sprites by gen 3 and that was satisfactory till gen 6, when the jump to the 3DS required games that could be comparable to other games in the system. At this point they needed to make their games 3D, but for that they needed to make sacrifices, like the frontier, extra areas to explore in the post game, triple and rotation battles and now, finally, Pokémon themselves.

That's why my hope is that now that the game has less monsters in its code that they could return with all these other features they had to remove for "better graphics".

Although we'll probably get another "multiple Lillies for every cutscene" situation again, I'm sure.
New 3DS FC: 1306 6855 8912
Playing: Bravely Second
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: wingblade98

wingblade98
6 days ago#13
ExcaliburOwner posted...
That's why my hope is that now that the game has less monsters in its code that they could return with all these other features they had to remove for "better graphics".

I don't know how to tell you this, but they haven't
https://rave.dj/frjBYiH6SqZ46g

User Info: Dont4getMe

Dont4getMe
6 days ago#14
Legendary_Musas posted...
Masuda should stick to the music side, he does fantastic work in that department. When he's in the big boy chair things go bad.
"Think you can take me?!?"

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
6 days ago#15
wingblade98 posted...
BW2 was directed by Takao Unno. XY and LGPE were directed by Masuda. ORAS and SM and SS are directed by Ohmori (Masuda's successor)
Are you detecting a pattern yet?
Yeah Ohmori made the best games on the list.
Hello, I like video games and comedies. Let's be friends. :)

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
6 days ago#16
Yes, but actually no.

B/W 2 did have a different director, but it was a "third version". Masuda was still in charge of all the "first versions". He was in charge of B/W and X/Y. Sun/Moon were the first post-Tajiri first versions to not be directed by Masuda.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
6 days ago#17
Duncanwii posted...

Yeah, I think Ohmori gets too much flack for what Masuda does. Masuda is a complete hack who needs to go away from Pokemon.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife - https://bit.ly/2JEMxKX

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
6 days ago#18
SeamusOHassey posted...
Duncanwii posted...

Yeah, I think Ohmori gets too much flack for what Masuda does. Masuda is a complete hack who needs to go away from Pokemon.

What's wrong with Masuda?

User Info: wingblade98

wingblade98
6 days ago#19
HakuMan111386 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
Duncanwii posted...

What's wrong with Masuda?

How long do you have?
https://rave.dj/frjBYiH6SqZ46g

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
6 days ago#20
This topic makes me wonder how amazing a Pokemon game will be if it was made by both Morimoto and Unno, without Masuda, Turner, and Ohmori being anywhere close to the game (other than Masuda for the musics, maybe)
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Was there actually a change of directors of this series after BW2 into X/Y?
  • Post New Message