This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Was there actually a change of directors of this series after BW2 into X/Y?

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
1 week ago#1
I don't quite understand. I think that is maybe when they started going downhill with the quality of post-game elimination in the games being a standard starting from X/Y? Was it the move to 3D or was there an actual behind the scenes change of directors in Gamefreak?

HakuMan111386
1 week ago#2
bump

User Info: wingblade98

wingblade98
1 week ago#3
BW2 was directed by Takao Unno. XY and LGPE were directed by Masuda. ORAS and SM and SS are directed by Ohmori (Masuda's successor)
Are you detecting a pattern yet?
https://rave.dj/frjBYiH6SqZ46g

User Info: fdtl

fdtl
1 week ago#4
For the most part, the sequels/remakes/third versions got different directors, while Masuda directed the original pair of games (so Masuda did BW, but Unno did B2W2, then back to Masuda for XY). Then Ohmori started taking the reins around ORAS onwards.

HakuMan111386
1 week ago#5
wingblade98 posted...
BW2 was directed by Takao Unno. XY and LGPE were directed by Masuda. ORAS and SM and SS are directed by Ohmori (Masuda's successor)

Did Takao Unno also direct HGSS? He did such a good job with post games.

User Info: wingblade98

wingblade98
1 week ago#6
HakuMan111386 posted...
wingblade98 posted...

That was Morimoto. He hasn't directed a game since, neither has Unno.
Strange, isn't it?
https://rave.dj/frjBYiH6SqZ46g

User Info: Bcbc23

Bcbc23
1 week ago#7
Not sure about that...I know GameFreak started passing new Pokémon projects to a younger team. I don’t know if that had something to do with it. Personally, I just think they are targeting the more casual/younger players rather than those who are experienced with the series. And there could also be issues on Nintendos end. They might be pushing to get the next games out quickly in order to fill that holiday slot. It’s a complicated mess, but I’m pretty sure multiple parties are to blame.
Do you know who I am!? I'm the man who's gonna BURN your house down! With the lemons! ~ Cave Johnson

User Info: SpreadManning

SpreadManning
1 week ago#8
I think it's just the jump to 3D, 6 years post XY launch and they are still having trouble.

User Info: fdtl

fdtl
1 week ago#9
HakuMan111386 posted...
wingblade98 posted...

No, that was Morimoto, the guy who made Mew and is the battle director (you can fight his NPC in some games).

User Info: Legendary_Musas

Legendary_Musas
1 week ago#10
Masuda should stick to the music side, he does fantastic work in that department. When he's in the big boy chair things go bad.
Top 5 FF games: IX, XIV, IV, XII, VII
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Was there actually a change of directors of this series after BW2 into X/Y?
  • Topic Archived