This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. There is finally some variety in Electric Types *leak spoilers*

User Info: toaduniversity9

toaduniversity9
1 week ago#11
aryanbrar posted...
poison/electric is good because of fairies, heatran also dies to eq but is still annoying to deal with
Toxicity could be like Salazzle. Offensively good but one hit and its dead
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of if not the best spin off to a franchise ever!
#Twintelle4SmashUltimate https://discord.gg/ejKv8Hc <-Flip Wars Discord

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#12
soothsayer posted...
Man I hope toxicity is good. He's probably my favorite pokemon but it'd be tragic if his stats suck or his ability is like defeatist.

and yeah earthquake hurts but heatran got by fine despite having a 4x weakness to it.

I mean, Heatran has a f***ton of stuff going in its favour to make up for it, beyond what you can expect an ordinary Pokemon to have <_<

With you on hoping it turns out to be good though, one of my favourite new Pokemon too
Meow!

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
1 week ago#13
d_charizard posted...
The dual-typings here are less useful than the typings of previous dual-electrics like Lanturn and Zapdos.

Electric/Poison is a pretty poor typing. It dies even harder to Ground, and only really gains Fighting and Fairy resistances and a STAB that hits Grass.

Electric/Dark offers no useful coverage potential, and is on a gimmicky, likely pretty low-stat Pokemon.

Dragon/Electric and Ice/Electric (as an offensive typing, it's one of the worst defensively due to literally only resisting its own 2 types) are relatively good typings, but Ice/Electric's the only new one of the two.

Adding Poison gives it resists to Grass, fighting, poison, bug, and fairy. And only worsens the ground weakness that electric was already weak to as well as psychic. I don't think that's a bad trade off. You're already avoiding quake as is.

Unfortunately it has mixed attacker stats and nothing else is worth mentioning. And it's ability boosts sound moves, which does not have any poison/electric moves. But there are still no details on it's amped form.

Electric/dark I won't defend, you gained weakness to fighting, bug, and fairy. And that ability is useless. But nobody expects anything from the pika clones.

The fossils have a decent BST, even if they're all fairly slow and balanced across the rest. And Volt Absorb isn't too bad.

FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: Bartz

Bartz
1 week ago#14
d_charizard posted...
Dragon/Electric and Ice/Electric (as an offensive typing, it's one of the worst defensively due to literally only resisting its own 2 types) are relatively good typings, but Ice/Electric's the only new one of the two.

Ice/Electric also resists Flying. I mean, that's not much but still.

Also it's not a new typing either because of Rotom.

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
1 week ago#15
Bartz posted...
Ice/Electric also resists Flying. I mean, that's not much but still.

Also it's not a new typing either because of Rotom.

Electric resists flying, ice doesn't. Ice gives it weakness to Fire, Fight, and Rock, and resistance to ice. Which is a pretty bad trade-off. It does give it an attack against Ground, Grass, and Dragon, but I still dunno if it's worth it.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: rocky505

rocky505
1 week ago#16
Still no Electric/Fighting type... Stupid Zeraora just had to be pure Electric, but it wouldn't be in the game anyway.
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
XBL Gamertag: Publickam
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. There is finally some variety in Electric Types *leak spoilers*
  • Topic Archived