This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. There is finally some variety in Electric Types *leak spoilers*

User Info: toaduniversity9

toaduniversity9
1 week ago#1
Our electric types have pretty much been the same since Gen 1. Pure Electric, high sp. attack, speed, and frail as f*** with some exceptions (notably ampharos, and elektross).

Sword and shield have finally changed this.

-Yamper and Boltdun are pure electric and have the usual “tropes” of electric Pokemon
-Pinchuchurin is also pure electric and it looks sorta like pykumukyu
-Toxel and Toxicity are unique Poison/Electric. Finally some type variety this line could either be fast or slow it can go either way
-Dracozolt is Dragon/Electric and Arcozolt is Ice/Electric both are cool typings only seen on megas and formes before. I’m excited to see what potential these two have, also these are the first fossil Pokémon that are electric type.
-Morpeko the Pikachu clone who is Electric/Dark and has a weird gimmick

We finally start to see some variety in the electric type I’m happy that gamefreak is starting to diversify this type what are your thoughts about this?
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of if not the best spin off to a franchise ever!
#Twintelle4SmashUltimate https://discord.gg/ejKv8Hc <-Flip Wars Discord

User Info: LightningHawk90

LightningHawk90
1 week ago#2
Too bad EQ still murders all of them, especially Toxel and Toxicity
Remnant of Despair: Ultimate Cynic
"All for sake of Despair"

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
1 week ago#3
toaduniversity9 posted...
Dracozolt is Dragon/Electric and Arcozolt is Ice/Electric both are cool typings only seen on megas and formes before. I’m excited to see what potential these two have, also these are the first fossil Pokémon that are electric type.
Zekrom is Dragon/Electric but that's a legendary so...
Hello, I like video games and comedies. Let's be friends. :)

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
1 week ago#4
Pure Electric is far too common, we just need more dual types.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: toaduniversity9

toaduniversity9
1 week ago#5
Duncanwii posted...
Zekrom is Dragon/Electric but that's a legendary so...
I completely forgot about Zekrom.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of if not the best spin off to a franchise ever!
#Twintelle4SmashUltimate https://discord.gg/ejKv8Hc <-Flip Wars Discord

User Info: Red_Rosemon

Red_Rosemon
1 week ago#6
This is the first time I've wanted to use an electric type not named Magnezone so they done good here.
Red Rosemon: You are missing out on the best boobs in town right now.

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
1 week ago#7
Man I hope toxicity is good. He's probably my favorite pokemon but it'd be tragic if his stats suck or his ability is like defeatist.

and yeah earthquake hurts but heatran got by fine despite having a 4x weakness to it.

User Info: d_charizard

d_charizard
1 week ago#8
The dual-typings here are less useful than the typings of previous dual-electrics like Lanturn and Zapdos.

Electric/Poison is a pretty poor typing. It dies even harder to Ground, and only really gains Fighting and Fairy resistances and a STAB that hits Grass.

Electric/Dark offers no useful coverage potential, and is on a gimmicky, likely pretty low-stat Pokemon.

Dragon/Electric and Ice/Electric (as an offensive typing, it's one of the worst defensively due to literally only resisting its own 2 types) are relatively good typings, but Ice/Electric's the only new one of the two.

It's probably technically the most new Electric dual-type combinations we've gotten in a generation if you ignore Gen 5's Rotom type change, but it's not by much, Gen 5, 6 and 7 all had comparable numbers of Electric duals.

User Info: LightningHawk90

LightningHawk90
1 week ago#9
soothsayer posted...
Man I hope toxicity is good. He's probably my favorite pokemon but it'd be tragic if his stats suck or his ability is like defeatist.

and yeah earthquake hurts but heatran got by fine despite having a 4x weakness to it.

Heatran was pretty bulky to be fair.
Remnant of Despair: Ultimate Cynic
"All for sake of Despair"

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
1 week ago#10
d_charizard posted...
The dual-typings here are less useful than the typings of previous dual-electrics like Lanturn and Zapdos.

Electric/Poison is a pretty poor typing. It dies even harder to Ground, and only really gains Fighting and Fairy resistances and a STAB that hits Grass.

Electric/Dark offers no useful coverage potential, and is on a gimmicky, likely pretty low-stat Pokemon.

Dragon/Electric and Ice/Electric (as an offensive typing, it's one of the worst defensively due to literally only resisting its own 2 types) are relatively good typings, but Ice/Electric's the only new one of the two.

It's probably technically the most new Electric dual-type combinations we've gotten in a generation if you ignore Gen 5's Rotom type change, but it's not by much, Gen 5, 6 and 7 all had comparable numbers of Electric duals.

poison/electric is good because of fairies, heatran also dies to eq but is still annoying to deal with
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. There is finally some variety in Electric Types *leak spoilers*
  • Topic Archived