• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Should I re-evaluate my tastes if I like any of the new Pokemon?

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
1 week ago#11
ReiRei89 posted...
The majority, like me, have voiced that the designs clash but that's supposed to be the point of them.

That doesn't mean the execution isn't awful.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
1 week ago#12
Deadinsideman posted...
ReiRei89 posted...
The majority, like me, have voiced that the designs clash but that's supposed to be the point of them.

That doesn't mean the execution isn't awful.

And it doesn’t mean it is awful either. From an artistic design standpoint for “child friendly” (as in still meant to not be emotionally scaring eternally suffering Frankenstein monsters) they look quite good. You can see good use of focal points, eye flow, color balance, weight, etc... Like all the fundamentals of good art design have been followed.

If you dislike them that is a personal preference but just from a purely factual artist study basis these are good designs well executing a creative Pokémon concept.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: Tyranidomega

Tyranidomega
1 week ago#13
No. People who hate the designs sometimes try to sound more objective, but it just makes them come off as whiny and annoying. In the end it's all opinions will vary.
FC: 1693-0953-3350.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 week ago#14
Yes. Yes you should.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Red_Rosemon

Red_Rosemon
1 week ago#15
No, I like plenty of them. And if someone has a problem with that they can get bent.
Red Rosemon: You are missing out on the best boobs in town right now.

User Info: Lucidious89

Lucidious89
1 week ago#16
Literally everyone who posts on forums with hate-filled arguments are people that are better off not being listened to regardless. If anything, you should probably the believe the exact opposite of what they're saying.

User Info: LeftyGreenMario

LeftyGreenMario
1 week ago#17
I think it's more power to you if you like something.

I for one, love the fossil Pokemon BECAUSE they're weird.
If there is a game Mario is playable in, I main him. Official Mario of Smash 5 Boards.
Don't like politics? Too bad, it's-a Mario time.

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 week ago#18
MFW
If you like something, you like it. Don't bother changing your opinions just because people on the internet are mad.
Patience.
(message deleted)

User Info: Iron-Warrior

Iron-Warrior
4 days ago#20
jw91 posted...
No. Only a tool would ask that question.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Should I re-evaluate my tastes if I like any of the new Pokemon?
  • Topic Archived