This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Should I re-evaluate my tastes if I like any of the new Pokemon?

User Info: Sebas27

Sebas27
1 week ago#1
I like a few Gen 8 Pokemon- top favs include Grimmsnarl, Dragapult, Corvinkight, Toxtricity, Sandaconda and Eternatus. I admit however that I feel a bit insecure for liking them when I see a few people here and on other sites rip these Pokemon apart with well made arguments about what makes a design appealing and respectable to the artstyle and design philosophies that made a Pokemon a Pokemon.
I've never included Pokemon designs among the many reasons why Gamefreak is such a mediocre developer that are too out of touch and incompetent to make truly great games, but maybe I should start doing that?

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
1 week ago#2
the ones you listed aren't awful except Dragapult

I'm not a big fan of these designs to be honest

I don't like the Fire starter at all... then there's a few other disappointments
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH- Akujiking

User Info: jw91

jw91
1 week ago#3
No. Only a tool would ask that question.

User Info: nskyliner34

nskyliner34
1 week ago#4
If you like the designs then that’s all that should matter.

People are always gonna hate regardless, so just do you. Others opinions are irrelevant.
"They laugh at me because I'm different...but I laugh at them because they're all the same"

User Info: RotomGuy3

RotomGuy3
1 week ago#5
Did you just ask if you should stop having your own opinions and conform to the hivemind?
When is Pikmin 4

User Info: Sebas27

Sebas27
1 week ago#6
RotomGuy3 posted...
Did you just ask if you should stop having your own opinions and conform to the hivemind?

Well I'm wondering if I should pull back on just liking a Pokemon because it looks cool (Grimmsnarl, Dragapult), and start thinking more critically about the designs from a critical, artistic standpoint.

User Info: RotomGuy3

RotomGuy3
1 week ago#7
Sebas27 posted...
Well I'm wondering if I should pull back on just liking a Pokemon because it looks cool (Grimmsnarl, Dragapult), and start thinking more critically about the designs from a critical, artistic standpoint.
Bruh no one cares about artistic standards, if you enjoy it and think it looks cool then it passed all the artistic checks it needs to
When is Pikmin 4

User Info: ReiRei89

ReiRei89
1 week ago#8
Sebas27 posted...
A good chunk of people b****ing about the designs aren't criticizing them from an artistic standpoint. Case in point the people b****ing about Applin and claiming it's just an apple. They're completely ignoring the fact that Applin is based off an apple worm thus making it a "wyrm" in an apple. Which is pretty clever.

Now the fossils on the other hand? The majority, like me, have voiced that the designs clash but that's supposed to be the point of them. They're abominations of science and a play on how paleontologists (especially early ones) lacked complete fossils and often mix and matched what fossils they had to make a "complete" specimen even when those fossils came from other species.
"Going to the Grand Canyon" is how Limbaugh's doctor refers to giving Limbaugh a colonoscopy-Kavatar

User Info: GigaMan91

GigaMan91
1 week ago#9
You like what you like and there's nothing else to it. If the negative opinions make you uncomfortable, avoid the conversation. You can seek further understanding of the artistic details if you desire, and it may help you better communicate your personal opinions on the Pokemon you like, but you should never allow someone else to tell you how to think.

That is my opinionated advice.
Super SmUsh Bros.
https://i.imgur.com/rJW0eMh.gif

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
1 week ago#10
Sebas27 posted...
Toxtricity

Yes. Otherwise you're good.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Should I re-evaluate my tastes if I like any of the new Pokemon?
  • Topic Archived