This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Gamefreak: The dex cuts were for balance Me: "Sees Aegislash not cut"

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
1 week ago#91
nuke2099 posted...
Then why did they bother adding another Flying/Steel to take it's place then?

Because this time they are going to balance it? Either nerf his stats or take away all the utility moves.

It looks like the stats are nerfed if the estimates I saw were true. 80/100 on HP/Defenses isn't going to stop Excadrill.
Is that Christ bullet ten-tapped?

User Info: thebestestbest

thebestestbest
1 week ago#92
TEzeon431 posted...
nuke2099 posted...

Because this time they are going to balance it? Either nerf his stats or take away all the utility moves.

It looks like the stats are nerfed if the estimates I saw were true. 80/100 on HP/Defenses isn't going to stop Excadrill.

You think they will balance anything ever?

You must be new.

User Info: Tenenia

Tenenia
1 week ago#93
Duncanwii posted...
After the affront to logic that was not including the sun and moon Pokemon in Pokemon Sun and Moon, it only makes sense they'd pardon their crime by adding the sword and shield Pokemon in Pokemon Sword and Shield.

I had the same thought. Aegislash also fits the British theme too: knights and all that. Maybe Solrock and Lunatone weren't Hawaiian enough. -_- But apparently they are British enough since Solrock and Lunatone are, allegedly/according to leaked 'dex, in this generation.
Teneniel | Switch FC: SW-7151-9986-0117 | Shield & Sword
Teneniel | 3DS FC: 0018-2605-8055 | IGN: Kala or Mahina

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 week ago#94
TEzeon431 posted...
nuke2099 posted...

Last I saw the stats were estimated as:

HP: 100
Att: 90
Def: 110
SpA: 55
SpD: 85
Spe: 80

Skarmory's base stats according to the Smogon page are:

HP:65
Attack: 80
Defense: 140
Sp. Atk: 40
Sp. Def: 70
Speed: 70
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Vito219

Vito219
1 week ago#95
TEzeon431 posted...
He gets Head Smash you know
Mandibuzz is too bulky to care and will ohko it with Foul Play. It also runs Taunt.
Check out @HandyDex on Twitter for a Pokemon Sword and Shield Giveaway!!!

TEzeon431
1 week ago#96
Vito219 posted...
TEzeon431 posted...
He gets Head Smash you know
Mandibuzz is too bulky to care and will ohko it with Foul Play. It also runs Taunt.

You get him on the switch. After SR damage, Head Smash prevents Mandibuzz from safely switching in.

TEzeon431
1 week ago#97
nuke2099 posted...
Last I saw the stats were estimated as:

HP: 100
Att: 90
Def: 110
SpA: 55
SpD: 85
Spe: 80

Skarmory's base stats according to the Smogon page are:

HP:65
Attack: 80
Defense: 140
Sp. Atk: 40
Sp. Def: 70
Speed: 70

I'm seeing all sorts of numbers all over the place. I'll wait for definitive datamines or for the game to just actually release before making a judgment call. 100/110 physical bulk is ok given the typing, but he's going to need utility moves to be worth the effort.

User Info: inTaCtfuL

inTaCtfuL
1 week ago#98
Vito219 posted...
4 Atk Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mandibuzz: 382-452 (90.3 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

and even then, Mandibuzz has a hardtime stopping defensive Aegislash without Taunt tbh, which only 20% of Mandibuzz used in the past month
https://www.smogon.com/stats/2019-10/moveset/gen7ou-0.txt
i7-3970X Extreme ~ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ~ 32 GB DDR3-2133 ~ 10 TB 7200RPM ~ 500 GB SSD ~ 690 x2 ~ 1200 W PSU Gold ~
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Gamefreak: The dex cuts were for balance Me: "Sees Aegislash not cut"
  • Topic Archived