• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Pokemon that should be Baby Pokemon but aren't?

User Info: pichuscute

pichuscute
3 weeks ago#1
After dealing with disappointment and arguments about the modern situation this series is in, I've decided that I need some topic to take a break with.

I was playing Pokemon Pearl, as you do, when I ran into a wild Cherubi. It dawned on me, it's sprite looks especially cutesy and a lot like it should be a Baby Pokemon and I'm not entirely sure why it couldn't be (other than arbitrary tradition reasons anyway).

As Baby Pokemon are some of my favorites (if you couldn't tell from my name), I'm wondering which mons everyone else thinks should be reconsidered as Baby Pokemon and why.
Looking forward to: FFVIIR, Animal Crossing, SMTV, Daemon x Machina, Astral Chain
Fav series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Custom Robo, SMT, Final Fantasy.

User Info: Pokemon_Rocker

Pokemon_Rocker
3 weeks ago#2
Yes.
GT- xSylent Warrior
PSN - xSylent__Warrior. (there are two underscores)

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
3 weeks ago#3
I have a few choice words about baby Pokémon but I’ll be nice and not say them.

So, Pokemon I think should or can be Baby Pokemon? Rufflet and Vullaby.

I thought they were baby Pokemon at first not gonna lie.

They wouldn’t be the cutest but Vullaby has a diaper skull for crying out loud!
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 weeks ago#4
Baby Pokemon are stupid and should have never been a thing.

Dumb-Fumbler posted...
They wouldn’t be the cutest but Vullaby has a diaper skull for crying out loud!

Don't kinkshame.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

Dumb-Fumbler
3 weeks ago#5
Lexifox posted...
Don't kinkshame.
I had to look it up.

How is that kinkshaming?

User Info: EpicSnailMan

EpicSnailMan
3 weeks ago#6
I wouldn’t be opposed to something like Whismur being retconned as baby (except that I hate the concept of baby Pokémon in general; why do only 12ish species out of like all the different evolutionary lines have to evolve to reproduce?). Ecologically this makes no sense; it should be all first-stages are incapable of breeding, or all first-stages are capable of breeding. Baby Pokémon as a separate category (requires held item, rare, similar BST, all that) would be fine! But the current version of Baby Pokémon is ridiculous
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

User Info: D4Cs_Love_Train

D4Cs_Love_Train
3 weeks ago#7
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
Vullaby has a diaper skull for crying out loud!

That always confused me. Isn't the entire point of a diaper that it stretches to contain the contents? How would a skull be any useful as a diaper?
https://twitter.com/gotebabart?lang=en
https://goteart.tumblr.com/

Dumb-Fumbler
3 weeks ago#8
D4Cs_Love_Train posted...
That always confused me. Isn't the entire point of a diaper that it stretches to contain the contents? How would a skull be any useful as a diaper?
It’s not really for their convenience. It’s for us, the ones that care for them.

So a diaper that doesn’t cause any mess and doesn’t need to be changed but still remains clean is like a godsend (I hope it remains clean at least)

Oh and TC, can Cosmog be considered a Baby Pokemon?

Its an adorable nebula that evolves into a black hole then into a lion/ bat.

And from reveal I thought it was a Baby pokemon.

User Info: kingcam07

kingcam07
3 weeks ago#9
They should have baby kangaskhan as a pokemon.
psn ID: kingcam07
3DS Friend Code: 3797-6991-7772

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
3 weeks ago#10
D4Cs_Love_Train posted...
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
Vullaby has a diaper skull for crying out loud!

It evokes the imagery of a diaper, but the Pokemon isn't using it as a diaper.

From Ken Sugimori

“These two were conceived of pretty late in development. When the Englishman (James Turner)came to us with these designs, we already had plenty of birds, but we ended up using them as counterparts for Rufflett and Braviary. The nest around Vullaby’s body come from the bones of other Pokemon, and she grows up inside of them. When Mandibuzz is incubating a Vullaby egg in its nest by sitting on it, it fits together with Vullaby’s bones and looks like it’s sitting on an upside-down skull.”

It's actually the "nest" that Vullaby grows up inside of. It's the top half of the skull (albeit upside down) and Mandibuzz's "skirt" is the jaw.

https://i.imgtc.ws/wwkD6Ep.jpg
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Pokemon that should be Baby Pokemon but aren't?
  • Topic Archived