This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who's ready for some new dex entries?

User Info: veryepic

veryepic
4 weeks ago#1
Just like each of the four Gen 7 gave us brand new dex entry for each Pokemon in the Alola dex, Galar will of course bring new ones too. Who's ready for new lore?

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 weeks ago#2
Nowadays they just re-word them mostly.
I'm excited to get the few bits of new lore that we can though.

I fully expect a dex entry about the inability of bulbasaurs and squirtles to ignore a charizard's girth.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
4 weeks ago#3
The dex is still Rotom-powered, though, so expect them to be as dark as Alola's dex entries were.
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4694795/Missingno-Master (my fanfics, please read)
https://i.imgur.com/uWrBYs2.png (my Shinies, not for trade)

User Info: veryepic

veryepic
4 weeks ago#4
GuitaristMatt posted...
Nowadays they just re-word them mostly.
I'm excited to get the few bits of new lore that we can though.

I fully expect a dex entry about the inability of bulbasaurs and squirtles to ignore a charizard's girth.

That was Gens 4-6, Gen 7 had new entries.

User Info: S_Garland

S_Garland
4 weeks ago#5
Time for a horrifying entry about how Galarian Ponyta were hunted into extinction and were revived by Arceus centuries later or something.

User Info: thenewcthulhu

thenewcthulhu
4 weeks ago#6
Larvitar: It will only evolve after jacking a metric ton of lunch money from elementary school children.

Pupitar: It is known to evolve when doing hoodrat stuff with it's friends.

Tyranitar: It can commonly be seen thuggin' AND muggin', straight up OG, none of that weak sauce.
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -

User Info: thenewcthulhu

thenewcthulhu
4 weeks ago#7
Metapod: It woke up in the morning, hard like morning wood in the morning. Woke up thinking about microphoning, ET on the mike phone the homeland. It's way out like NASA. It's way over here, it's done passed you. It gets stacks of cash. You get cashews. It goes hard, statues.
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 weeks ago#8
*raises hand*
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Lizuka

Lizuka
4 weeks ago#9
Hopefully they keep the darker trend from Sun & Moon's, really enjoyed those.

User Info: MrFuzz111

MrFuzz111
4 weeks ago#10
Lizuka posted...
Hopefully they keep the darker trend from Sun & Moon's, really enjoyed those.

I liked them for the most part, although the super edgy and horrifying entries for almost every single mega talking about how it was in extreme pain felt like a scummy way of screwing with people’s emotions in the hopes that people wouldn’t be upset when they removed them in gen 8. If they still had Z moves in this they’d probably throw some line in about how it takes several years off your Pokémon’s lifespan each time they use one or something.
Not content with cutting popular features from future games, Game Freak has now taken it upon themselves to cut Pokemon from gen 8.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Who's ready for some new dex entries?
  • Topic Archived