This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Dexit Dealbreaker: how many Pokémon is JUST enough for you?

User Info: DanaDee

DanaDee
4 weeks ago#41
anything more than none is unacceptable
Bananadanadanadanadanadanabanadanabanadeenabanadoona dana dee for smash Dee-LC - Mods please dont Ban DanaDee https://youtu.be/By5eWitQU8c

User Info: BanjoBoomer

BanjoBoomer
4 weeks ago#42
Leave no Pokemon behind.

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
4 weeks ago#43
If they can’t fit them all, I expect at least 600. Pokémon X and Y, on the f***ing 3DS, was able to hold 457 in its regional dex, not to mention 721 in its national dex, I think sword and shield should be able to hold at least 600. And assuming it’ll hit 900 Pokémon this gen (possibly), that’s really only 2/3 of the dex. It’s the least they can do.
it all comes together

User Info: Dont4getMe

Dont4getMe
4 weeks ago#44
Zyguardian posted...
If they can’t fit them all, I expect at least 600. Pokémon X and Y, on the f***ing 3DS, was able to hold 457 in its regional dex, not to mention 721 in its national dex, I think sword and shield should be able to hold at least 600. And assuming it’ll hit 900 Pokémon this gen (possibly), that’s really only 2/3 of the dex. It’s the least they can do.

Indeed, I’m not optimistic that we will get that many though. Sadly I’m expecting around the 400s since it is Gamefreak and I’ve learned not to expect too much from them over the years...
"Think you can take me?!?"

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
4 weeks ago#45
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
Dont4getMe posted...
Another thing too is that for X and Y they had to create many of those models and animations. Now they are porting them over. Seems off to me.
X and Y were s***ty though.

Want to bet that review-wise, Pokemon SS will score even lower than Pokemon XY?

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
4 weeks ago#46
Well I don’t believe in regression. So all of them. Nintendo has the budget to allow GF to hire people to continue making the models

Also why not? Pokémon is one of the biggest money makers out there so for them to claim it’s too difficult is ridiculous.

I don’t think people realize this Dexit is gonna suck. Some do. But when the defenders get bored of the same 400 and actually wanna build some fun old school teams or see some variety, it’ll sink in. Not sure people will enjoy waiting a year to see “new” Pokémon. Even though we all know GF is keeping all the same over hyped Pokémon over and over and over again.

As a Dexit hater, my honest dealbreaker is all Pokémon need to be in “third games”. Give me all of them in the definitive experience of the Gen. I’ll support SwSh laziness if that means effort will be increased moving forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: MalachiteXWater

MalachiteXWater
4 weeks ago#47
I would be ok with dexit a little bit if filler mons weren't making the cut and we already know this rotating roster isn't even gonna be fair due to some mons having ultra special VIP spots.
I like lasagna

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
4 weeks ago#48
500 for me seems alright, more than half of the total number of pokemon at least.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
4 weeks ago#49
400 = too few
500 = just enough
600 = decent
700+ = good

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 weeks ago#50
I don't have a specific number, really: the ideal amount is a satisfactory one for in-game, competitive and world-building purposes, and I think too few or too many screw with one or more of those, but I don't have a specific number, because it depends.

I'm much more focused on number of new Pokémon.

Dont4getMe posted...
Another thing too is that for X and Y they had to create many of those models and animations. Now they are just porting them over. Seems off to me.

No, Creatures inc. made those models and animations; they ported them over then as they're doing now (well, actually, we still don't know who made the Gen 8 models yet, IIRC, so it might actually be them, although I doubt it).
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Dexit Dealbreaker: how many Pokémon is JUST enough for you?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers