This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So the Gen 8 anime series is Ash on summer vacation from school *spoilers*

User Info: MilesTStorzillo

MilesTStorzillo
3 weeks ago#61
Am I the only one who loves the fact that people mock Alola Ash, yet despite that he not only defeated a seemingly undefeated Incineroar, but also Tapu Koko himself, both in the same battle? That is some sweet irony right there.
My favorite fire starters are Charizard and Incineroar

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
3 weeks ago#62
MilesTStorzillo posted...
Am I the only one who loves the fact that people mock Alola Ash, yet despite that he not only defeated a seemingly undefeated Incineroar, but also Tapu Koko himself, both in the same battle? That is some sweet irony right there.

they'll just pretend it doesnt count.

Part of me doesn't blame the mocking bc Ash barely did real training this season.
Gfaqs Foxy Phantom Thief. Stealing hearts and breaking trolls.
Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
3 weeks ago#63
_Dog_ posted...
If that's the case, then the writers have done an abysmal job at that, as the very first episode indicated that it would not be "an episodic kodomo anime". You can't make mistakes like that.

Plans changed. The anime was originally planned to run for 80 episodes and one movie, ending with a climatic final battle between Ash and Gary in the Indigo League.

But then the series became popular, and was extended to last indefinitely.

They didn't know that Pokemon would still be going over 20 years later back then or that there would be five (soon to be six) more Pokemon animes after that.

Zeon posted...

Part of me doesn't blame the mocking bc Ash barely did real training this season.

We legit saw him training his Pokemon more than we did in either of the previous two series

Also we've got a summary now for SM's final episode

Ash has decided to return to Pallet Town. However, he can't quite bring himself to tell the others... In addition, the time for Team Rocket to part ways with Mimikyu and the others is rapidly approaching.
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
3 weeks ago#64
I am not knocking it or anybody. But, he seemed to battle more last season also train. But hopefully the summary is real and not one of those he thinks about it but doesn't do it situations
Gfaqs Foxy Phantom Thief. Stealing hearts and breaking trolls.
Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
3 weeks ago#65
Rad_Dudesman posted...
_Dog_ posted...
If that's the case, then the writers have done an abysmal job at that, as the very first episode indicated that it would not be "an episodic kodomo anime". You can't make mistakes like that.

Plans changed. The anime was originally planned to run for 80 episodes and one movie, ending with a climatic final battle between Ash and Gary in the Indigo League.

But then the series became popular, and was extended to last indefinitely.

They didn't know that Pokemon would still be going over 20 years later back then or that there would be five (soon to be six) more Pokemon animes after that.

Zeon posted...

We legit saw him training his Pokemon more than we did in either of the previous two series

Also we've got a summary now for SM's final episode

Ash has decided to return to Pallet Town. However, he can't quite bring himself to tell the others... In addition, the time for Team Rocket to part ways with Mimikyu and the others is rapidly approaching.

Wasn't the original plan that the pokemon would revolt and push Pikachu as an unwilling leader, then Meowth would some sort of mediator, and Ash would realize how childish his dream was?
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD/S/US I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRj1lj8EWzRtw3jp3HUXCxQ? .I play games

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
3 weeks ago#66
mehmeh1 posted...
Wasn't the original plan that the pokemon would revolt and push Pikachu as an unwilling leader, then Meowth would some sort of mediator, and Ash would realize how childish his dream was?

That was Takeshi Shudo’s original plan, yes. But thanks to executive meddling he sadly couldn’t bring his original vision to life and parted ways with the show after he was screwed over once more in movie 3 (he wanted Molly’s mother to be deceased but an extra scene with her was added at the end of the movie).
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
3 weeks ago#67
c0mpu73rguy posted...
mehmeh1 posted...

That was Takeshi Shudo’s original plan, yes. But thanks to executive meddling he sadly couldn’t bring his original vision to life and parted ways with the show after he was screwed over once more in movie 3 (he wanted Molly’s mother to be deceased but an extra scene with her was added at the end of the movie).

Shudo also originally wanted the third movie to be about a T-Rex fossil coming to life and going on a rampage.
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman

User Info: DMZapp

DMZapp
3 weeks ago#68
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Shudo also originally wanted the third movie to be about a T-Rex fossil coming to life and going on a rampage.

Amusingly, the anime staff didn't completely forget the idea, since we kind of got that with movies 5 and 6. Just not an actual T-Rex.
TEC-XX's secret last words- recorded before the explosion. (Paper Mario TTYD)
https://youtu.be/QcsYQkO4lMw

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
3 weeks ago#69
Rad_Dudesman posted...
c0mpu73rguy posted...
mehmeh1 posted...

That guy was a madlad
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD/S/US I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRj1lj8EWzRtw3jp3HUXCxQ? .I play games

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
3 weeks ago#70
Cybersai posted...
Realistically the next saga will only live up to its potential if Ash sees his old friends or companions again. Otherwise revisiting old regions is pointless.

I honestly think the Misty/Brock cameos in SM clued the writers in that people want to see past main characters instead of them just being forgotten forever, so I guess we'll see what happens.

This, I also kinda have a feeling this would happen, same with Ash's old Pokémon like Infernape, Krookodile, Quilava, Gible, Noivern, etc.
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Offical Kommo-o of Smash Bros. boards + Ganondorf and Daisy main. The corporations are stupid and corrupted AF
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So the Gen 8 anime series is Ash on summer vacation from school *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived