• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How Pokémon able to get away with disturbing Pokédex entries?

User Info: YamiJustin

YamiJustin
3 weeks ago#1
I thought this was a kids game haha

Driftloon takes children to the afterlife
a person died painfully after seeing under a mimikyu
3DS Friend Code: 2853-0143-3490 | Steam & PSN: YamiJustin | Geforce 1080 Ti Hydro Copper | Currently playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
3 weeks ago#2
'Cause who reads them?
FFBE Global - ID: 439759934; Official Nyx of the Brave Exvius board
Official Pit of the SmUsh board

User Info: Plasmas

Plasmas
3 weeks ago#3
Because they range from ridiculous, to impossible, to directly contradicting in game data
Merlin: Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you.

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
3 weeks ago#4
YamiJustin posted...
a person died painfully after seeing under a mimikyu

Is death by a heart attack really that painful?

User Info: YamiJustin

YamiJustin
3 weeks ago#5
Deadinsideman posted...
the entry just says died painfully
3DS Friend Code: 2853-0143-3490 | Steam & PSN: YamiJustin | Geforce 1080 Ti Hydro Copper | Currently playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
3 weeks ago#6
Because none of the disturbing pokédex entries are sexual.

Graphic violence = a-ok! Thor decapitating Thanos 20 minutes into the film? Not a problem. Let's take the kids to see that movie!

Something as much as a woman in a bikini showing cleavage = we can't let the kids see that lest they become sexual deviants! Make those clearly adult women completely flat chested!

So we can have pokédex entries about how Mega Salamence is a murderous killing machine and even give it a nickname with "blood" in it. But we can't have female Swimmers with boobs.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

Plasmas
3 weeks ago#7
Deadinsideman posted...
It is I hear (from people who survived a heart attack)

User Info: Super_Broly93

Super_Broly93
3 weeks ago#8
They're nothing new. Look back at the ones from gen 1.
https://tenor.com/view/dbs-broly-dragon-ball-super-gif-13209626

Plasmas
3 weeks ago#9
emagdnE posted...

Graphic violence = a-ok! Thor decapitating Thanos 20 minutes into the film? Not a problem. Let's take the kids to see that movie!

Something as much as a woman in a bikini showing cleavage = we can't let the kids see that lest they become sexual deviants! Make those clearly adult women completely flat chested!

So we can have pokédex entries about how Mega Salamence is a murderous killing machine and even give it a nickname with "blood" in it. But we can't have female Swimmers with boobs.

Hypno: *laughs in vague*

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
3 weeks ago#10
emagdnE posted...

MCU is a poor example when Scarjo's basically fanservice: the character
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How Pokémon able to get away with disturbing Pokédex entries?
  • Topic Archived