• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Trading starters

User Info: C4ptainblack

C4ptainblack
3 weeks ago#1
What my sister and I always do when a new pokemon generation comes up, is trading the starters and start a new game until both of us have all three.

I know that no one can give a correct answer to this because the games arent out yet, but it should be possible again right? The Switch does not function any different than the DS games.

User Info: AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido
3 weeks ago#2
Trading was confirmed long ago, there's no reason why it would be possible.
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~~ [[Switch - 5798.9459.4957]]
Comprehensive list of pokemon confirmed for Sword/Shield - https://bit.ly/2k0G2cu

User Info: CyberDragoEnvoy

CyberDragoEnvoy
3 weeks ago#3
It’ll still be possible. The only thing I can think of that would change is how you go about deleting your old save.

User Info: C4ptainblack

C4ptainblack
3 weeks ago#4
CyberDragoEnvoy posted...
It’ll still be possible. The only thing I can think of that would change is how you go about deleting your old save.

Well there should be two possible options:

- If the game lets you start a new game, then you can just overwrite your old save.
- If not, then you will have to go into the data storage of the Switch and delete your save file.

User Info: AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido
3 weeks ago#5
AjidoMarujido posted...
Trading was confirmed long ago, there's no reason why it would be possible.

If it's not obvious, I meant "no reason why it wouldn't be possible", too late for me to go back and edit.

C4ptainblack posted...
If the game lets you start a new game, then you can just overwrite your old save.

Pokémon games don't let you do that any more. For the past few generations, it won't let you overwrite an existing save file with a new game, you have to do a specific combination of buttons on the title screen or something to delete the save.

Of course, with these games, we should have multiple save files anyway, so it hopefully won't be an issue.
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~~ [[Switch - 5798.9459.4957]]
Comprehensive list of pokemon confirmed for Sword/Shield - https://bit.ly/2k0G2cu

User Info: IMONFIREGUY

IMONFIREGUY
3 weeks ago#6
Just make a couple other profiles to play with to get the other starters to trade locally with and BOOM you're set
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Trading starters
  • Topic Archived