This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Games similar to Pokémon stadium

User Info: megamaster125

megamaster125
4 weeks ago#1
I love the Pokémon stadiums games from back on the N64, with the concept of starting with 6 Pokémon, and taking 3 of them into battle. I also liked being able to rent Pokémon instead of spending time capturing, breeding, and training Pokémon for competitive battling. I liked the battle dome from Pokémon emerald as well.

I’ve been out of the scene for a while, but is there a Pokémon game somewhere that has a similar feature to it, that includes gen 6 or gen 7 pokemon and battling formats? I’m aware of Showdown, but I was looking for something without the need of battling other people.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
4 weeks ago#2
Not that I know of. The last game similar to Stadium was Battle Revolution for Wii. As far as I know, Gamefreak incorrectly considers the biggest draw for Stadium-like games is seeing Pokémon with 3D graphics and dosen't think they'll sell not that the main games are 3D.

Gamefreak has been shafting people who enjoyed the varied battling experience the Stadium games and Battle Frontier offered for some time now.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
4 weeks ago#3
I would buy a Pokémon Stadium style game for the same reason as you.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum

User Info: GigaMan91

GigaMan91
4 weeks ago#4
I wish, TC. I wish.

I personally believe we need an official battle simulator now more than ever before now that mainline Pokemon games won't have all the Pokemon present anymore. A battle sim can program all the Pokemon in and update it whenever new content is made. It'd be the perfect hub to set up all sorts of Pokemon battles. If Pokemon Home had this feature or this hypothetical battle sim simply supported Home 100%, that would be fantastic.
Super SmUsh Bros.
https://i.imgur.com/rJW0eMh.gif

User Info: elconoM

elconoM
4 weeks ago#5
You mean like the battle simulator Pokemon Showdown?
FC- 0404.7525.1925... New Leaf & Pokemon

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
4 weeks ago#6
elconoM posted...
You mean like the battle simulator Pokemon Showdown?

Pokémon showdown lack great animation and graphics, which is were Pokémon Stadium is great at.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum

User Info: MetaDeDeDe

MetaDeDeDe
4 weeks ago#7
Colosseum?

Has Stadium Mode and if you don't have a copy of R/S/E FRLG, it has a rather short Story mode

Please excuse how Colosseum handles shinies

Only Shadow Pokemon can be shiny even it won't look shiny until you catch and then I'll be shiny...if it is a shiny in the first Place

Don't except to run into a shiny

And that Ho-Oh you can get...can't be shiny nor can you softreset for a good nature.

Meanwhile Shadow Pokemon can't be shiny in XD so no Shiny Lugia there.
The official Jynx of Ultra Sun Board

User Info: megamaster125

megamaster125
3 weeks ago#8
What about hacks of Pokémon games? Like a hack of emerald that has a battle frontier with an updated Pokémon roster.

Showdown probably is the closest thing i’m looking for, but as mentioned a big draw would be better animations, and i’d like the option to play non human opponents. I haven’t played competitive Pokémon since gen 4/5, and i’m really just looking for a more casual experience.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Games similar to Pokémon stadium
  • Topic Archived