This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. National dex was removed so GF could pander to Gen 1

User Info: CrimsonWings

CrimsonWings
1 month ago#1
You've probably seen the latest trailer about Gigantamax. That makes me think GF removed the national dex to make way for Gigantamax models. But it seems majority will of Gigantamax pokemon will be gen 1 pokemon so that sucks but meh...

The new anime, and now this shows that pokemon will forever be stuck in its glory days, unable to move on.
Ash is still in the anime, Charizard and the rest of gen 1 still get forced down the players' throats and all the while, whatever brand new content they could have given us was thrown away.

Old is bad. New is good. Old is boring. New is exciting. Don't buy sword and shield.

User Info: KingAshnard

KingAshnard
1 month ago#2
They were already doing that before Dexit, though.
All hail the king of Daein!

User Info: thenewcthulhu

thenewcthulhu
1 month ago#3
CrimsonWings posted...
You've probably seen the latest trailer about Gigantamax. That makes me think GF removed the national dex to make way for Gigantamax models. But it seems majority will of Gigantamax pokemon will be gen 1 pokemon so that sucks but meh...

Yeah, 5 out of 8 is a majority. That's good math.

And everyone knows that 8 is the perfect sample size to draw conclusions from.
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -

CrimsonWings
1 month ago#4
thenewcthulhu posted...
CrimsonWings posted...

Yes it is.
majority: a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total –Merriam-Webster

If you were being sarcastic then it's back to school for you. Don't do drugs.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 month ago#5
Old is bad. New is good. Old is boring. New is exciting.

Yeah..... not quite.

The first four generations are by far superior to the eight to come after. And every Gen 8 pokémon we've seen so far is s***.

It's unfortunate that Kanto completely overshadows everything else, but let's not pretend Kanto is worse than Unova, Kalos, Alola, or the region where a good chunk of pokémon are getting cut.

There's plenty of other examples. Especially as far as Nintendo is concerned where the only good game they've released this past decade is Super Mario Odyssey. Older Fire Emblems are objectively better than the zero difficulty modern anime trope embracing s*** of the three most recent non-remake titles. (And hell, even Echoes suffered from it a bit.) Even Skyward Sword remembered Zelda is all about dungeons unlike BotW which is Zelda in name only. And so on.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Iamcorn

Iamcorn
1 month ago#6
My predictions for what's safe;

All of Gen 1, and all Evolutions to existing gen 1 pokemon in later titles.

Wobbuffet (+Wynaut by affiliation) -It's had more appearances in the anime than anything other than Pikachu and Meowth.

Most of starters from gen 2 onwards. Or at the very least the most popular/profitable ones to have, so Blaziken's line will probably find it's way into an event and then bred and passed around like candy on the GTS.

Lucario. Because you can't put this dog...thing down.

Anything that's been in a SSB title (so most of what I listed above +Incineroar and Greninja)

PVP metas that people would complain if they went missing.

I can't guess how accurate this is and it's not really complete. I'd probably have to sit here looking through every pokemon to guess whether or not it makes it in. and that's not even considering if the developers have personal bias towards certain choices they let in, Which because I am not a mind reader I cannot possibly know.
I once joked that there'd be too many pokemon for games to handle, but I never imagined they'd start REMOVING pokemon for graphics.

User Info: SilverWingZeta

SilverWingZeta
1 month ago#7
Weak bait, go away.
Sometimes, I just watch the boards burn.

CrimsonWings
1 month ago#8
emagdnE posted...
Old is bad. New is good. Old is boring. New is exciting.

Yeah..... not quite.

The first four generations are by far superior to the eight to come after. And every Gen 8 pokémon we've seen so far is s***.

It's unfortunate that Kanto completely overshadows everything else, but let's not pretend Kanto is worse than Unova, Kalos, Alola, or the region where a good chunk of pokémon are getting cut.

There's plenty of other examples. Especially as far as Nintendo is concerned where the only good game they've released this past decade is Super Mario Odyssey. Older Fire Emblems are objectively better than the zero difficulty modern anime trope embracing s*** of the three most recent non-remake titles. (And hell, even Echoes suffered from it a bit.) Even Skyward Sword remembered Zelda is all about dungeons unlike BotW which is Zelda in name only. And so on.

It followed that pattern early on though.
Gen II was objectively a better game than Gen I. Of course, Gen III was better than both of the previous generation.
Gen IV had so much content and new innovations going for it that Gen V was a bit underwhelming despite having the largest number of new Pokemon.
Gen V truly started to disappoint when the later games came out. That disappointment carried on to Gen VI onwards.

FE8 > FE7 > FE6 and FE4 is probably the only ancient FE that still hold a candle to the newer games.If Echoes was a truly faithful remake then it FE2 sucks. So the newer games trounce it.

User Info: thenewcthulhu

thenewcthulhu
1 month ago#9
CrimsonWings posted...
thenewcthulhu posted...
CrimsonWings posted...

Yes it is.
majority: a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total –Merriam-Webster

If you were being sarcastic then it's back to school for you. Don't do drugs.

I just mean it's impressive that you discovered that 5 is infact more than 4. I mean, most of us would never think of that. So, it's great that you made this topic.

-Great topic, with great math, educating everyone-
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -

User Info: MalachiteXWater

MalachiteXWater
1 month ago#10
When this game releases or datamined before hand I'm gonna lmao if all the Gen 1 mons make the cut.
I like lasagna
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. National dex was removed so GF could pander to Gen 1
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers