This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian ponyta doesnt evolve

User Info: Severus_Sniper

Severus_Sniper
4 weeks ago#1
Cause its a pony. Also it is sirfetch counterpart exclusive to shield.

User Info: Severus_Sniper

Severus_Sniper
4 weeks ago#2
However it can still equip eviolite and learn recover, sum this with poison imunity you have a very good wall.

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
4 weeks ago#3
Source or are you just speculating?
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596

User Info: zoroark14

zoroark14
4 weeks ago#4
AlfredoJones posted...

Only thing confirmed is that it’s a Pokémon shield exclusive
god hair was green
Favourite game: xenoblade chronicles x (Mythra for smash)

User Info: gamermasterwiz

gamermasterwiz
4 weeks ago#5
It doesn't mean that its a counterpart to Sirfetch'd. Its just a Shield exclusive revealed not long after Sirfetch'd.

Chill....
PSN: blueink8 Steam ID: blueknightv
3DS Friend Code: 5472-7755-3530 (PKM Friend Safari : Ground)

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
4 weeks ago#6
zoroark14 posted...
AlfredoJones posted...

The only thing confirmed is that it’s a Pokémon shield exclusive

Galarian forms are just other regions Alola forms. There was not a single Alolan form that had an evolution line where it did not evolve into those lines. I mean if we are only going by what we have seen then that means Galarian Weezing is its own pokemon and not an evolution of Koffing since we have not seen Galarian Koffing or regular Koffing? If we are going into technicalities, heck I could even argue that Farfetch'd isn't in the games since we never saw him, in the trailers if we go by this logic. Just because we haven't seen Rapidash yet, does not mean that it can't evolve, that would make no sense for Ponyta to lose its evolution, when no other Galarian Form, or Alolan before them, lost their evolution. As to why Game Freak has not revealed it, I don't know, maybe G Rapidash is something they are proud of and they want it to be a surprise we find out when the games come out.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: LightningHawk90

LightningHawk90
4 weeks ago#7
If anything im expecting Galarian Rapidash to evolve further like Galarian Linoone does
Remnant of Despair: Ultimate Cynic
"All for sake of Despair"

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
4 weeks ago#8
Severus_Sniper posted...
Cause its a pony. Also, it is sirfetch counterpart exclusive to shield.

Can you please explain how it being a Shield exclusive means its the counterpart to Sirfetch'd and even if I accept that it is, that that means it has to follow the same rules Sirfetch'd do? I mean Sirfetch'd is an evolution, so are we supposed to just think that Ponyta can't evolve, when a Farfetch'd have to evolve to make a Sirfetch'd? I feel that a stronger speculation is that, Sirfetch'd will have another pokemon either from gen 2 or some other gen pokemon that did not have an evolution, evolve into Sirfetch'ds counterpart that is exclusive to Shield, and then Sword will have either a 2 stage or 3 stages Evo that will be Ponyta's counterpart and then Ponyta can evolve or maybe even Zigzagoon could be the Sword counterpart to Ponyta, I mean we have seen Obstagoon with Sirfetch'd in the trailers, so... Also, a good reason for them to hide Rapidash is that they either are giving it a regional evolution, a split evolution. Or Ponyta does not evolve into Rapidash anymore and instead evolves into a brand new evolution, brought about by the changes of the Galar Region.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: thenewcthulhu

thenewcthulhu
4 weeks ago#9
Severus_Sniper posted...
Cause its a pony. Also it is sirfetch counterpart exclusive to shield.

Normal Ponyta evolves and it's a pony too...
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -

User Info: nightblade_hawk

nightblade_hawk
4 weeks ago#10
The thing is will there be a Psychic Rhapidash or does Ponyta chamge it's type back to Fire once evolving.
Super Nintendo Fan since 1991
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian ponyta doesnt evolve
  • Topic Archived