• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Playing through Alpha Sapphire again. They should really bring back DexNav.

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
3 weeks ago#1
Caught me a Taillow that knows Sky Attack right off the bat.

Honestly though, the DexNav was great. Lets you get Pokemon with special moves, lets you check their stats/nature, allows for shiny chaining. Why they ever bothered to remove it is beyond me.

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
3 weeks ago#2
But they didn’t. Then we got SOS battles. Don’t be surprised if that’s gone too. I’m sure they’ll add some sort of dumb gimmick similar to those, maybe it’s max raids this gen
it all comes together

User Info: Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk
3 weeks ago#3
I am all for DexNav coming back. It was one of the best things in ORAS.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

User Info: RaynerDvorah

RaynerDvorah
3 weeks ago#4
Dexnav was soooo good! Gutted that it was replaced by that horrible SOS feature.

User Info: OccamUnshaved

OccamUnshaved
3 weeks ago#5
Yea, DexNav was by far the best mechanic they've come up with. I really enjoyed chaining encounters for hidden abilities and special moves. It was especially nice as something grindable to appeal to older players, and it would've been easy to iterate on for future gens. I very much missed it during UM.

Unfortunately they seem determined to make changes purely for the sake of changes and we'll probably never see it again.

Also, gotta acknowledge Chansey bases as the best leveling method ever. Secret bases in general were a pretty awesome idea. I got a Happy Hour/Pay Day Smeagle from a base someone set up years ago and just let sit around. Thanks, whoever you are.
"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent." -Carl Sagan

User Info: Rydershigh

Rydershigh
3 weeks ago#6
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
I am all for DexNav coming back. It was one of the best things in ORAS.

Egg moves are only used for comp which is a shame since a lot of Pokémon learn some neat moves that are locked out by breeding

It was a great feature
*FC:414-1957-7120
"Everyone Withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum"

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
3 weeks ago#7
ORAS were the last great games

Playing:
PS4: Control. N.Switch: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening. 3DS: Pokemon Moon, Luigi's Mansion. Mobile: Dragon Quest III
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Playing through Alpha Sapphire again. They should really bring back DexNav.
  • Topic Archived