• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. so does "every" pokemon dynamax, but only some gigamax?

User Info: zado19

zado19
3 weeks ago#1
I dont understand because they geep showing these first forms giga maxing, including the starters....

they really should explain this gameplay wise (and if they have share a link with me please)
Smash replays
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqY6lLXxBAUq-7KSPbDYP5w

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
3 weeks ago#2
yes
Patience.

User Info: Plasmas

Plasmas
3 weeks ago#3
Every pokemon can dynamax

But only special pokemon (gifts or caught on Giga raids) of certain species can gigamax
Merlin: Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you.

User Info: zado19

zado19
3 weeks ago#4
Have they described the difference yet?
Smash replays
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqY6lLXxBAUq-7KSPbDYP5w

User Info: Sinnael

Sinnael
3 weeks ago#5
Yes, all pokemon are capable of Dynamax. But only certain individuals of certain species will be able to gigantamax. My guess is a lot of these will be event types like Pikachu, Eevee, and Meowth. We might even get some indicator of special Dynamax raids that will have a Gigantamax Pokemon
3DS Friend Code: 0146-9968-9699

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
3 weeks ago#6
Dynamax is them furthering their idea that started with Megas and Z-moves. That is that they wanted to have Pokémon be able to have a trump card mechanic. However with the nature of megas giving one to every Pokémon was unrealistic. That’s why they then developed z-moves something every Pokémon could use but it was only 1 move. Dynamaxing is them furthering this idea, every Pokémon now has this larger trump card form and all their moves are z-moves essentially.

Gigantamaxing is on the opposite spectrum. Among megavolutions there were Pokémon with special megavolutions like ones that didn’t need a hold item or they had multiple ones to choose from. Likewise with z-moves certain Pokémon had a special z-move only they and they alone could use. Gigantamax is how they evolved that aspect so now the Pokémon capable of it have an additional form to use and a move unique them.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. so does "every" pokemon dynamax, but only some gigamax?
  • Topic Archived