• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian Ponyta Line

User Info: Bowtye

Bowtye
4 weeks ago#21
leghostbuster posted...
Bowtye posted...
Well it goes from charmeleon being fire—> charizard being fire/flying—> mega charizard x being fire/dragon so it drops the flying for dragon.
right so instead of being X -> XY -> YZ it goes X-> XY -> XZ
so no it doesn't count

That’s the same thing I’m saying for the Ponyta line. X Psychic, Xy Psychic/Fairy, Xz Fairy/flying. The order it’s in doesnt matter. The two types are still there.
SWSH

User Info: leghostbuster

leghostbuster
4 weeks ago#22
Bowtye posted...
That’s the same thing I’m saying for the Ponyta line. X Psychic, Xy Psychic/Fairy, Xz Fairy/flying. The order it’s in doesnt matter. The two types are still there.
tell me where in that it keeps the "X" type in all three
You call it motion controlled gaming, I call it putting a corporate controlled monitoring device in your living room

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
4 weeks ago#23
Bowtye posted...
leghostbuster posted...
Bowtye posted...
Well it goes from charmeleon being fire—> charizard being fire/flying—> mega charizard x being fire/dragon so it drops the flying for dragon.
right so instead of being X -> XY -> YZ it goes X-> XY -> XZ
so no it doesn't count

I think what he means is that the one typing remains consistant throughout all of the evolutions while only the second type changes. Far example, Charmander keeps its fire typing through all of its evolutions including it Mega. Your example, would be the equivalent of Charizard dropping the Fire typing when it Mega Evolves and becomes Flying/Dragon. While I still agree with you that its possible for it to lose one or both typings in favor of another, I am just pointing out, that if it started off as Psychic, than that means Psychic is its main typing so if it gains or loses a typing, conventionally its more likely to lose the second typing( if it was to lose a typing at all) than it would its main typing. Again, its not impossible, we already are seeing this with Sirfetched, and have already saw it with Alolan Marowak, so its a possibility.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 weeks ago#24
I think it obviously winds up full blown unicorn (hopefully not too My Little Pony) but the typing is pretty interesting. It drops any kind of pattern that they had to regional forms (usually the opposite of their original type or an additional type to the original type). So it could literally be anything. I’ll say I think Psychic is a pretty odd choice for something that’s appears to be from medieval fairy tales
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
4 weeks ago#25
LaManoNeraII posted...
I think it obviously winds up full blown unicorn (hopefully not too My Little Pony) but the typing is pretty interesting. It drops any kind of pattern that they had to regional forms (usually the opposite of their original type or an additional type to the original type). So it could literally be anything. I’ll say I think Psychic is a pretty odd choice for something that’s appears to be from medieval fairy tales

That's why I believe the Psychic typing has to be there to throw us off to whatever Rapidash becomes when it evolves or the possibility of Rapidash gaining a Regional Evolution that may gain a different typing. I mean, despite revealing G. Ponyta, and the fact that Ponyta is already an old pokemon (coming from one of the original 151 pokemon) so we know it can evolve, but them hiding Rapidash is extremely odd, and usually when Game Freak does something like this, its usually because they have something big planned. Otherwise, there would have been no reason to hide Rapidash.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: GigaMan91

GigaMan91
4 weeks ago#26
Why would Rapidash drop its psychic type? Didn't you know unicorns and alicorns were psychic?

https://i.imgur.com/qhleHSt.gif
Super SmUsh Bros.
https://i.imgur.com/rJW0eMh.gif

User Info: MegaNiko17

MegaNiko17
4 weeks ago#27
I predict Galarian Rapidash will be Psychic/Electric from the lighting-up/glowing effect and from the yellow ring on Galarian Ponyta's horn.
3DS FC: 0104-3020-4946, IGN: Dominique
"Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian Ponyta Line
  • Topic Archived