• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian Ponyta Line

User Info: Bowtye

Bowtye
4 weeks ago#1
So with the reveal of Galarian Ponyta and the tease of Rapidash’s cry at the end of the livestream last week but no reveal, I think maybe they might be holding Rapidash back for a certain reason.

It’s going to evolve this generation. I don’t know why they wouldn’t reveal Rapidash along with Ponyta if it wasn’t. But I feel they could release another video showing Rapidash being Psychic/Fairy and a bigger version of Ponyta with the only distinct difference being more mature and longer horn.

Then show Rapidash evolving into an alicorn growing wings dropping the psychic typing and becoming Fairy/flying.

The Zigzagoon line got a galarian form and evo so I think it’s possible the Ponyta line might also. (Plus people have been asking for a Rapidash alicorn evo for years ever since gen 2.) Any thoughts? Let’s discuss!
Mortal Kombat 11

User Info: Serum

Serum
4 weeks ago#2
I don't see it dropping the Psychic type honestly,

I expect galarian rapidash to be Psychic/Flying, if ponyta looks like that and isn't Fairy I don't see rapidash as fairy at all
Even the very thought of opposition will not be tolerated!

User Info: EpicSnailMan

EpicSnailMan
4 weeks ago#3
I don't see GF doing x --> x/y --> zy for typing on any Pokemon. In fact, has this ever been done?

I'm getting an ethereal vibe from G Ponyta and wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Psychic/Ghost Rapidash and/or evolution. I'm hoping they move away from the trend of "it has wings! It's a flying type!" so even if G Ponyta becomes a pegasus, alicorn, etc, it's still not necessarily flying
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

Bowtye
4 weeks ago#4
Serum posted...
I don't see it dropping the Psychic type honestly,

I expect galarian rapidash to be Psychic/Flying, if ponyta looks like that and isn't Fairy I don't see rapidash as fairy at all

That’s possible also, it just looks too fairy to not become fairy type to me. But I heard since it’s a unicorn and unicorns are said to have the power to heal poisons that it couldn’t be fairy since fairy is weak to poison. But game freak doesn’t really stick with logic so I still think it’s possible it will evolve to a psychic/fairy type plus if it did, it would go with weezing being poison/fairy.
SWSH

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
4 weeks ago#5
EpicSnailMan posted...
I don't see GF doing x --> x/y --> zy for typing on any Pokemon. In fact, has this ever been done?

I'm getting an ethereal vibe from G Ponyta and wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Psychic/Ghost Rapidash and/or evolution. I'm hoping they move away from the trend of "it has wings! It's a flying type!" so even if G Ponyta becomes a pegasus, alicorn, etc, it's still not necessarily flying

Well I don't know if it counts but Sirfetch'd becomes a pure Fighting type and loses the Flying typing from Farfetched or Alolan Marowak losing the Ground typing from Cubone and becoming Ghost/Fire etc. So I think it would be possible
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
4 weeks ago#6
Bowtye posted...
I don’t know why they wouldn’t reveal Rapidash along with Ponyta if it wasn’t

I'd like to point out that they've literally only shown 2 evolutions so far this gen. They're really holding back this gen.
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.

Bowtye
4 weeks ago#7
LordDiscord posted...
EpicSnailMan posted...

Well I don't know if it counts but Sirfetch'd becomes a pure Fighting type and loses the Flying typing from Farfetched or Alolan Marowak losing the Ground typing from Cubone and becoming Ghost/Fire etc. So I think it would be possible

These were the only examples I could think of as well. But no there is no 3 line evo that drops from x—>x/y—>z/y only special forms. But nincada drops its ground typing for either flying or ghost when it evolves.
SWSH

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
4 weeks ago#8
EpicSnailMan posted...
Swablu>Altaria>Mega is the only scenario iirc

Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

Bowtye
4 weeks ago#9
SmokyProgg posted...
Bowtye posted...
I don’t know why they wouldn’t reveal Rapidash along with Ponyta if it wasn’t

I'd like to point out that they've literally only shown 2 evolutions so far this gen. They're really holding back this gen.

The over secrecy is really strange. I feel they could have found a happy medium from the over sharing of S&M to SWSH. I’m surprised we haven’t seen the starters evolve yet and we are almost a month away from release.
SWSH

Bowtye
4 weeks ago#10
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
EpicSnailMan posted...
Swablu>Altaria>Mega is the only scenario iirc

Or mega charizard X to go with that example
SWSH
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian Ponyta Line
  • Topic Archived