• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why is the idea of pure Fire Scorbunny so offensive to people?

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
1 week ago#1
The only pure Fire starter so far is Typhlosion, and Scorbunny will probably be a different role.

Not everything needs a dual type. I can’t see any secondary typing fitting it as is besides ironically Fighting, with Electric being a possibility I suppose if it went down a drastic route
playing: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
1 week ago#2
I don't find it "offensive" so much as I think it's unlikely, given how every starter from Gen 3 onward has been a dual type. Honestly I care more for the design rather than the typing.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596

Mudkip_in_Space
1 week ago#3
AlfredoJones posted...
I don't find it "offensive" so much as I think it's unlikely, given how every starter from Gen 3 onward has been a dual type. Honestly I care more for the design rather than the typing.

Sceptile, Serperior, and Samurott. Not as common as dual type but still present

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#4
I think there are two reasons:
- people think dual-type Pokemon are more interesting
- people think it will be weak or overshadowed because of its type

I kinda agree with the first point.

But the second point is no concern. Considering the last few starters, they love to make each starter unique. Pretty sure they will give it the right Ability or move to make it stand out.

I would like a pure Fire-type starter after the last 2 trios all having dual-types..
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda

Mudkip_in_Space
1 week ago#5
Galar posted...

I kinda agree with the first point.

But the second point is no concern. Considering the last few starters, they love to make each starter unique. Pretty sure they will give it the right Ability or move to make it stand out.

I would like a pure Fire-type starter after the last 2 trios all having dual-types..

I’m more of the opinion of dual types being mostly *less* interesting. The Alola and Kalos starters are too gimmicky around their secondary types, while the Johto trio have such strong designs that you don’t need Feraligatr to have second type to look interesting.

There’s absolutely ones that do it well like Empoleon and Torterra, but recently I’m tired of the overly gimmicky starters who are defined entirely by what their type makes them rather than having a design with clarity. I think Emboar looks super cool despite being Fighting because of the warlord theme, not because it’s obviously Fighting.

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
1 week ago#6
Galar posted...

Also a lot of people play Smogon and have to deal with Stealth Rock.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: OfficialAce-Kun

OfficialAce-Kun
1 week ago#7
To be fair the only other pure Fire starter (Typhlosion) is hot garbage so maybe people are worried

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 week ago#8
Typically dual type is better the mono type.

However, I have no personal requirement that starters need to be competitively viable.
Mwahahahaha.

User Info: RayThrust

RayThrust
1 week ago#9
You can solo gen2 with a Meganium if you so please, starters don't need to be that strong to get you through the game.

Dual types can be more interesting though, but I'm more about the starters design if anything. Would prefer if it didn't end up as fire/fighting after getting three of those and a having a dirty fighter following them.

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
1 week ago#10
People generally percieve dual types as better, and single types as boring by comparison. The only exception is Flying since it being a single type is the rarity as opposed to the other way around.
It's really that simple.

I've also seen people see part normal type on things in unfavorable light, as if normal just brings the other type down or something.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why is the idea of pure Fire Scorbunny so offensive to people?
  • Topic Archived