• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. When will we know the complete set of differences between Sword/Shield?

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
1 week ago#1
Trying to make my decision as to which game to pre-order, but they've been rolling information out at a pretty slow pace like most Nintendo titles. There's not a complete list of exclusive Pokemon to each edition yet is there? I think I'm leading toward Sword right now because of Sir Fetch'd, but that could change depending on who else is announced.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#2
When the games are out. The new exclusives will likely (but not definitely) all be shown before launch but I'm sure there'll be dozens of old Pokemon that aren't shown.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
1 week ago#3
Moongeist posted...
When the games are out. The new exclusives will likely (but not definitely) all be shown before launch but I'm sure there'll be dozens of old Pokemon that aren't shown.

Yikes. That sucks. Haven't bought a mainline Pokemon game in a long time because I don't typically purchase handheld specific consoles anymore, so I'm looking forward to all of the new Pokemon from the last two gens that I missed. I was hoping we'd have a pretty solid idea prior to launch, but I guess I'm just going to have to roll the dice.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#4
Game__Raider posted...
Moongeist posted...

Yikes. That sucks. Haven't bought a mainline Pokemon game in a long time because I don't typically purchase handheld specific consoles anymore, so I'm looking forward to all of the new Pokemon from the last two gens that I missed. I was hoping we'd have a pretty solid idea prior to launch, but I guess I'm just going to have to roll the dice.

I'd recommend just waiting a couple days to buy it if it's important to you.
I guess it's also fairly likely that we'll get data mining from a broken street date or review copy a bit early.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#5
You'll just have to go to some Pokemon resources website like serebii or bulbapedia. Pretty sure they will have all version-exclusive content like Pokemon and Gyms listed around the day of release. Probably not perfect, but pretty accurate.
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
1 week ago#6
When it releases.

They don't want everything spoiled beforehand.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] AUTMAFRWGTDTBT
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
1 week ago#7
Moongeist posted...
I'd recommend just waiting a couple days to buy it if it's important to you.
I guess it's also fairly likely that we'll get data mining from a broken street date or review copy a bit early.

That wont be necesary either tho. Realistically speaking, Serebii will probe have em up as soon as the games are released.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
1 week ago#8
Even right before the release, it’ll likely be datamined. If that’s the case I’m sure someone will be able to explain all the version exclusives without spoiling anything big
it all comes together
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. When will we know the complete set of differences between Sword/Shield?
  • Topic Archived