• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So... Little Town Hero will be a $25 game.

User Info: kix5

kix5
4 days ago#41
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...
If Little Town Hero contained the word "Pokemon" anywhere in the title they'd sell it for 60$ as well. The correlation to actual game quality is likely minimal.

Doubt that considering all the free to play stuff

What

The free to play games that use the Pokemon name? Assuming that Towns is a small game in length

Ah, you mean the likes of Go and Masters? Same idea, different breed of a cash cow. The name alone makes bank.

Hell, I actively play Go. Quality-wise the game is atrocious, yet it's still going strong and printing money... because, y'know, Pokemon.

Naw man was more thinking things like Pokemon Quest or other smaller games if that nature where ots more the free to play or start up

How is Quest any different?
UltraOfficial UltraXurkitree of the UltraSunFAQs UltraBoard

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 days ago#42
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...
If Little Town Hero contained the word "Pokemon" anywhere in the title they'd sell it for 60$ as well. The correlation to actual game quality is likely minimal.

Doubt that considering all the free to play stuff

What

The free to play games that use the Pokemon name? Assuming that Towns is a small game in length

Ah, you mean the likes of Go and Masters? Same idea, different breed of a cash cow. The name alone makes bank.

Hell, I actively play Go. Quality-wise the game is atrocious, yet it's still going strong and printing money... because, y'know, Pokemon.

Naw man was more thinking things like Pokemon Quest or other smaller games if that nature where ots more the free to play or start up

How is Quest any different?

Its a smaller Pokemon title that didnt cost anything which is my point, just because you have the name Pokemon doesnt mean its an automatic $60
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

kix5
4 days ago#43
Baha05 posted...
Its a smaller Pokemon title that didnt cost anything which is my point, just because you have the name Pokemon doesnt mean its an automatic $60

But just like Go and Masters, it fed off of the name through microtransactions.

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
4 days ago#44
kix5 posted...

Actually, I think it's more because of the community it creates. The game is the reason to go out and play with friends. A lot of the Go players have never touch any Pokemon games before, so it's not the Pokemon name that makes them stick to Go.
(edited 4 days ago)

kix5
4 days ago#45
Twinklestar posted...
kix5 posted...

Actually, I think it's more because of the community it creates. The game is the reason to go out and play with friends. A lot of the Go players have never touch any Pokemon games before, so it's not the Pokemon name that makes them stick to Go.

Not that I do not agree with what you said - communities the game created helped fueling its staying power, sure - but I wonder how Ingress and HPWU are doing in comparison? The game came before the communities, after all.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
4 days ago#46
EmmatheBest posted...
The two games were obviously in development at the same time, and hence, at least a portion of their workforce wasn't dedicated to Pokémon at this time. I believe they could have implemented the full Dex if they didn't split development.

Nope.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/10/01/pokemon-cut-from-sword-and-shields-national-pokedex-will-return-in-the-future

Game Freak, The Pokemon Company, and Nintendo had a talk, and collectively decided that this is the best direction for the franchise to go in.

According to Masuda, the sheer number of Pokémon the series had accumulated over the last two-plus decades got to the point of being unwieldy. "Up until now, we’ve been proud we’ve been able to include so many Pokémon in the games, but as a result of that, there’s actually been quite a few features or gameplay ideas that we’ve had to abandon in the past," he says. "Going forward, thinking about the future of Pokémon, we want to prioritize all those new gameplay ideas, new ways to enjoy the game, and want to challenge ourselves at Game Freak to create new ways to enjoy the game. That’s really what drove the decision for this new direction."

The decision was the result of collaborative talks between Game Freak, The Pokémon Company, and Nintendo. "We have a lot of awesome new challenges that we haven’t even revealed in Sword and Shield," Masuda says. "We want to continue to come up with these new features, so we figured this was the best path forward for the franchise".

Little Town Hero had nothing to do with it. It was a way to deal with the ever-increasing number of Pokemon while maintaining an optimal release schedule. They even said before that they considered doing this for Gen 7.
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Fwahm

Fwahm
4 days ago#47
LordDiscord posted...
Your asking me to go to every pokemon fan in the world and get signatures claiming whether they use the National Dex or not to give you a citation? The fact that the National Dex, had no major impact on the games regardless if it was there or not, is implication enough that it wasn't a feature so integral to the games that they will now suffer due to its removal. You gained nothing for completing,it, literally nothing and the only ''reward'' for having all the pokemon from previous generations, is having your entire pc box full of pokemon that you will never use, throughout the life span of that game, only to have to go through the nightmare of transferring all of them into the new games and repeating the cycle again. I could understand, if Game Freak had tied a very popular feature to the National Dex and its removal, ment the removal of said feature, but the fact that at the end of the day, the only thing your really are losing ( other than pokemon you won't even used for the majority of the game) is a diploma, a little slip of paper telling you ''Well Done''. Its not required and has never been required, and as Game Freak has even stated themselves, its inclusion started to negatively affect the games as time went on causing them to have to abandon ideas they had for the series, just to implement pokemon that did not even appear in the games naturally.

The National Dex itself isn't what (most) people are complaining about. The thing most people have a problem with is by leaving out large numbers of Pokemon, GF is eliminating people's ability to freely choose what Pokemon they want to use or collect. If person X has Metagross as their favorite Pokemon, but it's not in the game, that's too bad apparently. Every Pokemon has its fans, so there is no way to give the proper freedom while cutting a substantial number of them.

The majority of people are complaining about their freedom to choose being denied, not their ability to catch them all.

User Info: Jaitsu

Jaitsu
4 days ago#48
Yes yes, gamefreak bad, they killed your family and stole your honour, yada yada yada. Heard it in every other topic.

User Info: jw91

jw91
4 days ago#49
This topic makes me lol.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 days ago#50
Fwahm posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Your asking me to go to every pokemon fan in the world and get signatures claiming whether they use the National Dex or not to give you a citation? The fact that the National Dex, had no major impact on the games regardless if it was there or not, is implication enough that it wasn't a feature so integral to the games that they will now suffer due to its removal. You gained nothing for completing,it, literally nothing and the only ''reward'' for having all the pokemon from previous generations, is having your entire pc box full of pokemon that you will never use, throughout the life span of that game, only to have to go through the nightmare of transferring all of them into the new games and repeating the cycle again. I could understand, if Game Freak had tied a very popular feature to the National Dex and its removal, ment the removal of said feature, but the fact that at the end of the day, the only thing your really are losing ( other than pokemon you won't even used for the majority of the game) is a diploma, a little slip of paper telling you ''Well Done''. Its not required and has never been required, and as Game Freak has even stated themselves, its inclusion started to negatively affect the games as time went on causing them to have to abandon ideas they had for the series, just to implement pokemon that did not even appear in the games naturally.

The National Dex itself isn't what (most) people are complaining about. The thing most people have a problem with is by leaving out large numbers of Pokemon, GF is eliminating people's ability to freely choose what Pokemon they want to use or collect. If person X has Metagross as their favorite Pokemon, but it's not in the game, that's too bad apparently. Every Pokemon has its fans, so there is no way to give the proper freedom while cutting a substantial number of them.

The majority of people are complaining about their freedom to choose being denied, not their ability to catch them all.

Which is kinda what you would call an exaggerated issue considering the reasons for it is less restricting freedoms and more comes off as a simple matter of technical or time constraints
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So... Little Town Hero will be a $25 game.
  • Post New Message