• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So... Little Town Hero will be a $25 game.

User Info: edomon007

edomon007
4 days ago#31
It is refreshing to see Game Freak work on a game not related to Pokemon, once in a while.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 days ago#32
edomon007 posted...
It is refreshing to see Game Freak work on a game not related to Pokemon, once in a while.

Its kinda too bad that the ones they work on are hit or miss
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: kix5

kix5
4 days ago#33
If Little Town Hero contained the word "Pokemon" anywhere in the title they'd sell it for 60$ as well. The correlation to actual game quality is likely minimal.
UltraOfficial UltraXurkitree of the UltraSunFAQs UltraBoard

Baha05
4 days ago#34
kix5 posted...
If Little Town Hero contained the word "Pokemon" anywhere in the title they'd sell it for 60$ as well. The correlation to actual game quality is likely minimal.

Doubt that considering all the free to play stuff

kix5
4 days ago#35
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...

What

Baha05
4 days ago#36
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...

What

The free to play games that use the Pokemon name? Assuming that Towns is a small game in length

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
4 days ago#37
EmmatheBest posted...
LordDiscord posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Gamefreak overly neglected a main series Pokémon game...for a game they don't even intend to sell for half the price of Sword and Shield. I mean, I'm not saying the game still couldn't essentially be an 'Earthbound 4'...but that price tag isn't inspiring much confidence from me. And Sword and Shield suffered so much for this...ugh.

So removing an unneeded feature, that a small percentage of the overall fanbase used as it was intended, a feature you could not even use until you beat the game, or in some occasions, had to wait months before you could use it, is them neglecting the game? I truly am sorry you can no longer take that Weedle with you that you got in Red and Blue and let it rot in a pc box, but that does not mean the game was neglected, especially for this new game. If anything, the games were more neglected, when Game Freak had to shoehorn a bunch of, Pokemon, moves, items that related to said pokemon, as well as the steps for those pokemon's evolution, just to keep supporting a ''legacy'' feature that in no way affected the story, nor gave you anything near a worthwhile reward, other than a diploma telling me ''Good Job''. The games have not suffered, infact they are shaping up to be the largest pokemon games we have ever had, heck the Galar region alone is already the largest region. So a few pokemon are missing, you didn't even use them for the entirety of the previous games anyway, and at least now you actually have a reason to use the new Pokemon you get on your journey rather than using them as your quick stop to your older pokemon, just so you can abandon them in the pc box with that Weedle and all the other pokemon that you likely don't use.

Citation? All of my friends who play Pokemon caught all sorts of Pokémon only for their Dex, and I doubt literally every friend I have who plays Pokémon is some sort of outlier in this statistic, and as such, I think a HUGE amount of the fanbase liked the Pokedex, and sure, only a few ever fully completed it, bit I think for many fans, it was a sort of... 'back-of-your-mind' goal that many WANTED to achieve, but let's be real...most will get distracted by other games to see through to the end. But it was still an attractive fantasy.

Your asking me to go to every pokemon fan in the world and get signatures claiming whether they use the National Dex or not to give you a citation? The fact that the National Dex, had no major impact on the games regardless if it was there or not, is implication enough that it wasn't a feature so integral to the games that they will now suffer due to its removal. You gained nothing for completing,it, literally nothing and the only ''reward'' for having all the pokemon from previous generations, is having your entire pc box full of pokemon that you will never use, throughout the life span of that game, only to have to go through the nightmare of transferring all of them into the new games and repeating the cycle again. I could understand, if Game Freak had tied a very popular feature to the National Dex and its removal, ment the removal of said feature, but the fact that at the end of the day, the only thing your really are losing ( other than pokemon you won't even used for the majority of the game) is a diploma, a little slip of paper telling you ''Well Done''. Its not required and has never been required, and as Game Freak has even stated themselves, its inclusion started to negatively affect the games as time went on causing them to have to abandon ideas they had for the series, just to implement pokemon that did not even appear in the games naturally.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: alucardivx

alucardivx
4 days ago#38
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...

Those are mobile games. Also "f2p" mobile games with their monetizing system actually often make way more money than 60 dollar games do.

kix5
4 days ago#39
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...

What

The free to play games that use the Pokemon name? Assuming that Towns is a small game in length

Ah, you mean the likes of Go and Masters? Same idea, different breed of a cash cow. The name alone makes bank.

Hell, I actively play Go. Quality-wise the game is atrocious, yet it's still going strong and printing money... because, y'know, Pokemon.

Baha05
4 days ago#40
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...
Baha05 posted...
kix5 posted...

What

Ah, you mean the likes of Go and Masters? Same idea, different breed of a cash cow. The name alone makes bank.

Hell, I actively play Go. Quality-wise the game is atrocious, yet it's still going strong and printing money... because, y'know, Pokemon.

Naw man was more thinking things like Pokemon Quest or other smaller games if that nature where ots more the free to play or start up
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So... Little Town Hero will be a $25 game.
  • Post New Message