• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So... Little Town Hero will be a $25 game.

User Info: lildragon0

lildragon0
4 days ago#21
🤦‍♂

User Info: EmmatheBest

EmmatheBest
4 days ago#22
Half, 3/4, the point still stands regardless. They still made two (technically three?) games at once.
So does every other video game developer that isn't a small indie group.

They also aren't stubborn about hiring more people.
I would have my 3DS FC here, but it is currently a corpse. RIP Pink O3DS, 2012-2018

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 days ago#23
EmmatheBest posted...
Half, 3/4, the point still stands regardless. They still made two (technically three?) games at once.
So does every other video game developer that isn't a small indie group.

You realize hiring more people is that straightforward right?
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Panda_San

Panda_San
4 days ago#24
EmmatheBest posted...
Honestly, they haven't been too bad since E3 2019. I enjoyed the series without fault until turn, but lately it's been one downward spiral after another, and I hate it. :/

Ye since SwSh announcement, it’s just gone downhill. Mostly I just hate the dex cut. Minor graphical glitches or minimal advancement in graphic fidelity I care not. I do for dexcut and for serious reasons but everyone who is against it are called trolls so I don’t bother to say s*** no more.
Don't mess with me. I'm a 3x world heavyweight championship MMO fighter.

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
4 days ago#25
EmmatheBest posted...
Gamefreak overly neglected a main series Pokémon game...for a game they don't even intend to sell for half the price of Sword and Shield. I mean, I'm not saying the game still couldn't essentially be an 'Earthbound 4'...but that price tag isn't inspiring much confidence from me. And Sword and Shield suffered so much for this...ugh.
Having a very small team as stated by Toby Fox working on LTH while having hundreds of outsourced workers + 180 to 200 working on SS does not sound like overly neglected, nor does it sound like neglect if they put the majority of their core workforce on SS.

Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: EmmatheBest

EmmatheBest
4 days ago#26
Panda_San posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Honestly, they haven't been too bad since E3 2019. I enjoyed the series without fault until turn, but lately it's been one downward spiral after another, and I hate it. :/

Ye since SwSh announcement, it’s just gone downhill. Mostly I just hate the dex cut. Minor graphical glitches or minimal advancement in graphic fidelity I care not. I do for dexcut and for serious reasons but everyone who is against it are called trolls so I don’t bother to say s*** no more.

Same, just thought I'd share my thoughts on this. I expected this would be about the response I'd get, but...meh. I still thought it needed to be said.
I would have my 3DS FC here, but it is currently a corpse. RIP Pink O3DS, 2012-2018

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
4 days ago#27
EmmatheBest posted...
The problem with the National Dex isn't that they can't do it. Based on the Game Informer interviews it sounds like they could easily fit all of the Pokemon in to SwSh if they wanted. The problem is that by doing so it would mean cutting back on other areas of the game. There was always going to come a time where trying to keep the ever growing roster of Pokemon while also creating a solid and enjoyable game around them would become impossible to accomplish, no matter how much time, money, and manpower they throw at the problem. Everyone involved in the process of making this game (Nintendo, Game Freak, The Pokemon Company) got together and agreed that it would be better to cut it now rather than wait until that time comes. It's a sad truth, but it's the truth nonetheless.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596

User Info: FuzzyKiwi02

FuzzyKiwi02
4 days ago#28
EmmatheBest posted...
Gamefreak overly neglected a main series Pokémon game...for a game they don't even intend to sell for half the price of Sword and Shield. I mean, I'm not saying the game still couldn't essentially be an 'Earthbound 4'...but that price tag isn't inspiring much confidence from me. And Sword and Shield suffered so much for this...ugh.

I think of it more as 'cleaning their palette'.

They specified at some point they needed other projects besides Pokemon to develop their skills on different games in different ways, making original games for more diverse experiences for their staff.

I don't think we should look at Little Town Hero and say "25 bucks, this isn't worth the devs not working on SwSh". I think it's more like "this is their breath of fresh air from Pokemon, what they learned in making this game matters, the price doesn't". At least from my view.
The people that really lack skill are the ones that are too afraid or can't deal with the unknown.

User Info: alucardivx

alucardivx
4 days ago#29
EmmatheBest posted...
Moongeist posted...
It was only a small team working on it

Small teams can still make amazing games, worth buying for $60. I don't see your point.

So you are admiting that adding these people to Sword and shield wouldn't necessarily made it a better game, then? What are you even arguing for?
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: alucardivx

alucardivx
4 days ago#30
Can we please stop with this dumb narrative that Little Town Hero somehow made Sword and Shield worse?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So... Little Town Hero will be a $25 game.
  • Post New Message