• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So... Little Town Hero will be a $25 game.

User Info: EmmatheBest

EmmatheBest
1 week ago#1
Gamefreak overly neglected a main series Pokémon game...for a game they don't even intend to sell for half the price of Sword and Shield. I mean, I'm not saying the game still couldn't essentially be an 'Earthbound 4'...but that price tag isn't inspiring much confidence from me. And Sword and Shield suffered so much for this...ugh.
I would have my 3DS FC here, but it is currently a corpse. RIP Pink O3DS, 2012-2018

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#2
It was only a small team working on it
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

EmmatheBest
1 week ago#3
Moongeist posted...

Small teams can still make amazing games, worth buying for $60. I don't see your point.
I would have my 3DS FC here, but it is currently a corpse. RIP Pink O3DS, 2012-2018

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 week ago#4
EmmatheBest posted...
Moongeist posted...

Small teams can still make amazing games, worth buying for $60. I don't see your point.

The point being that a small team is a small team so kinda of hard to claim they neglected the Pokemon games?
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

EmmatheBest
1 week ago#5
Baha05 posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Moongeist posted...

The point being that a small team is a small team so kinda of hard to claim they neglected the Pokemon games?

They did though...they halved their development team, and as a result, they couldn't program every Pokémon into a main series game. If that's not neglect, IDK what is. The responsible thing to do in this situation would be to hire more programmers, or delay the game, and not release it in this sorry state.

User Info: ChibiDragon

ChibiDragon
1 week ago#6
Baha05 posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Moongeist posted...

How about we claim they neglected the Pokemon games, but DON'T blame it on Little Town Hero? Because, let's face it, GF was going to do this even if they weren't working on a second game.
Blessed be the wicked,
for at least they're managing to have some fun.

Baha05
1 week ago#7
EmmatheBest posted...
Baha05 posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Moongeist posted...

They did though...they halved their development team, and as a result, they couldn't program every Pokémon into a main series game. If that's not neglect, IDK what is. The responsible thing to do in this situation would be to hire more programmers, or delay the game, and not release it in this sorry state.

So where is your proof they halved the team?

EmmatheBest
1 week ago#8
ChibiDragon posted...
Baha05 posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Moongeist posted...

How about we claim they neglected the Pokemon games, but DON'T blame it on Little Town Hero? Because, let's face it, GF was going to do this even if they weren't working on a second game.

The two games were obviously in development at the same time, and hence, at least a portion of their workforce wasn't dedicated to Pokémon at this time. I believe they could have implemented the full Dex if they didn't split development.

Baha05
1 week ago#9
EmmatheBest posted...
ChibiDragon posted...
Baha05 posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Moongeist posted...

The two games were obviously in development at the same time, and hence, at least a portion of their workforce wasn't dedicated to Pokémon at this time. I believe they could have implemented the full Dex if they didn't split development.

Also citation on that

EmmatheBest
1 week ago#10
Baha05 posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Baha05 posted...
EmmatheBest posted...
Moongeist posted...

So where is your proof they halved the team?

Half, 3/4, the point still stands regardless. They still made two (technically three?) games at once.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. So... Little Town Hero will be a $25 game.
  • Topic Archived