• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Suppose GF did an AMA...

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 week ago#11
Twinklestar posted...
who determine shiny colors, why some of them are super terrible, like Igglybuff and Garchomp, and will you ever going to retcon those terrible shiny colors

The answer to this is before Gen 5 or 6, nobody did. Shinies were automatically colored by a program.
Patience.

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
1 week ago#12
That still creates questions, though.

Did they not check how the program is doing at all? Couldn't they just manually change some of the terrible result, or force the program to "re-roll" the colors? And the last question still apply, now that it's no longer being done by program, will they ever retcon the terrible color ones? Very sure most if not all shiny hunters would appreciate it if their shinies actually looks different than the normal ones, which is the entire point of being shiny.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 week ago#13
As usual none of my hard hitting questions get ignored. I don't ask anything
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 week ago#14
GuitaristMatt posted...
It can be joke questions too.

its anything
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#15
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...
It can be joke questions too.

its anything

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

What is your favorite Type?

These are some of the nonsensical question I'd put in there, if I had to make a dumb "101 fast questionz!1!" format while complying to TPC's supervision of "only, like, 10 questions can actually be pertinent".

Twinklestar posted...
That still creates questions, though.

Did they not check how the program is doing at all? Couldn't they just manually change some of the terrible result, or force the program to "re-roll" the colors?

Algorithmically, IIRC.. They were the inverted colorations of their standard ones, so there's no re-rolling unless they modified the algorithm itself, for every Pokémon.. I'm assuming they wanted to keep it consistent throughout, regardless of the result, and I think consistency is also the possible reason (other than not wanting to do the work) for why already existing Shinies don't change: I mean, not everybody has the same taste, so maybe someone got a strong bond with their *insert lime green Shiny here* and GF didn't wanna mess with that, considering how slow they are into dipping their toe in retcons-land.

Of course, I would still change them, nowadays that they don't do them in that weird way, but still..

Twinklestar posted...
now that it's no longer being done by program, will they ever retcon the terrible color ones?

Now, this is indeed the question to ask.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#16
Most important question ever:
- Are you happy with the release schedule or would you like to take a slower approach to create and release Pokemon games?

Also:
- What's Satoshi Tajiri up to these days, does he still have some significant creative input into the games?
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda

User Info: DMZapp

DMZapp
1 week ago#17
1. How does Game Freak decide which types get more or less new Pokemon each generation? If not Game Freak itself, do Nintendo or the Pokemon Company help decide or solely decide on typing representation each gen?
2. When deciding on new Pokemon creatures, what activities do Game Freak or other involved parties partake in for inspiration?
3.. How close is Game Freak's own relationship with Oriental Light & Magic (the anime guys)?
4. Game Freak has said the regional dex only decision was nearly first put in place for Sun and Moon, which initially featured 802 total Pokemon. Does that mean Game Freak finds Black & White or possibly X & Y's total number of Pokemon (649 and 721) as more manageable?
5. How involved is Game Freak with the Pokemon merchandising, if at all?
6. Would Game Freak ever want to make a sequel to any of their one-offs, such as Pulseman, HarmoKnight or Drill Dozer?

I can't think of a seventh question I'd need to ask.
(Buduhduh) RE! (Huduhduh) SCUE! (Scaduhduh) V!
https://imgur.com/GaQvrWm

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
1 week ago#18
I'd ask them the following.

"Why can't you hire real writers?"

"Why do your games look like dogs***?"

"Why don't you fix existing pokemon instead of piling up on power creep?"

"Why don't you develop smartphone games if you love them so much?"

"Why aren't you people fired yet?"

"Do you think your fanbase is full of brainless morons?"

"Do you ever think about f***ing pokemon?"

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
1 week ago#19
DMZapp posted...

3.. How close is Game Freak's own relationship with Oriental Light & Magic (the anime guys)?

Reading your question makes me remember about the Alola starter final evo leak seemingly coming from the anime department due to the inclusion of Ash in the picture, and then I remember about Masuda signing a pic of them before they were revealed. Masuda never really talked about it, so I wonder what was in his mind after that, and did he ever mentioned it to anyone else in GF.

I guess that can be your 7th question XD

Andrex_93 posted...
I mean, not everybody has the same taste, so maybe someone got a strong bond with their *insert lime green Shiny here* and GF didn't wanna mess with that

Ah, since you mentioned the famous "green shinies are terrible" remark, I feel I need to mention that I'm actually fine with those as long as it makes them clearly different in color than regular/normal ones XD

Only ones I consider terrible are the ones nearly identical to the regular/normal color. Those are the kind I think no one likes, and could use a change to make them more different, which is as I said before, is the entire point of being shiny.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#20
^I agree that the “close to no change Shiny” is probably the kind that is more widely considered the worst, but their POV was probably still the one I mentioned - and one could argue some like the og color enough that the shiny being similar but just technically different is fine, which ones are too similar and which ones aren’t, and there’s always the “well, we changed thse, might as well changed these other ones”, where I feel their approach is “all or nothing”.

Again, I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that, though, and I would actually change most of them just because of the fact that they weren’t the result of an artistic process but generated algoritmically, but still.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Suppose GF did an AMA...
  • Topic Archived