• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. New Pokemon type count and Gym Leader specialties as of October 10th

User Info: DMZapp

DMZapp
1 week ago#1
An update to this topic: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/259372-pokemon-sword/77922400
Once again, I made this for convenience to see who and what we've got so far, and might get.

Italics denotes new additions from previous list.

Normal: 2 New (Wooloo, Obstagoon), 2 Galarian Forme (Zigzagoon, Linoone)
Flying: 2 New (Corviknight, Cramorant)
Rock: 2 New (Drednaw, Rolypoly)
Ground: 0
Fighting: 1 New (Sirfetch'd). Fighting Gym Leader (Bea)
Bug: 0
Poison: 1 Galarian Forme (Weezing)
Dark: 3 New (Impidimp*, Obstagoon, Morpeko), 2 Galarian Forme (Zigzagoon, Linoone)
Steel: 2 New (Corviknight, Duraludon)
Grass: 3 New (Grookey, Gossifleur, Eldegoss), can assume 2 more New (starter evos). Grass Gym Leader (Milo)
Fire: 1 New (Sorbunny), can assume 2 more New (starter evos)
Water: 3 New (Sobble, Drednaw, Cramorant), can assume 2 more New (starter evos). Water Gym Leader (Nessa)
Electric: 2 New (Yamper, Morpeko)
Psychic: 2 Galarian Forme (Ponyta, Rapidash [not actually revealed yet, but implied. Secondary type if any not known])
Ghost: 1 New (Polteageist). Ghost Gym Leader (Allister)
Ice: 0
Dragon: 1 New (Duraludon)
Fairy: 2 New (Impidimp*, Alcremie), 1 Galarian Forme (Weezing)

*Impidimp has not been officially revealed yet.
*Zacian and Zamazenta's types have not been revealed yet.
(Buduhduh) RE! (Huduhduh) SCUE! (Scaduhduh) V!
https://imgur.com/GaQvrWm

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#2
It's crazy how much we know that we don't know. Just over a month until launch and we don't have the starter evos, the formal reveal of Impidimp, Galarian Rapidash, that elephant, the big troll things near Nessa's gym, the fish Cramorant picks up, the squirrel, the 3 Gigantamax forms the leak mentioned, the legendary the leak mentioned, the last Galar form and/or Evo the leak mentioned, 5-10 gym leaders (spread across 5 gyms), the Legendaries' types or abilities or even in-game footage of them, any ground types, any ice types, any bug types, or any evos/prevos of any new lines other than Gossifleur/Eldagoss. And that's just the stuff we know is there that we haven't gotten officially.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: DMZapp

DMZapp
1 week ago#3
Yeah- Game Freak are definitely dragging out the reveals way too thin. Even in a worst case scenario of only 50 new Pokemon, we should have seen a few more new guys by now. They have to pick up the pace to drum up interest.
I also have to agree with you how strange it is Eldegoss is the only evo of a new Pokemon we've seen.
Finally, what was the elephant? It's not ringing any bells.
(Buduhduh) RE! (Huduhduh) SCUE! (Scaduhduh) V!
https://imgur.com/GaQvrWm

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#4
DMZapp posted...
Yeah- Game Freak are definitely dragging out the reveals way too thin. Even in a worst case scenario of only 50 new Pokemon, we should have seen a few more new guys by now. They have to pick up the pace to drum up interest.

From a marketing standpoint, I agree with you. They probably should do a bit more to drum up some hype. As someone who's already planning on buying it though, I'm happy that they're saving more for in-game at the cost of effective marketing :p

I also have to agree with you how strange it is Eldegoss is the only evo of a new Pokemon we've seen.

It seems like they're being very deliberate with their reveals this time. Last gen it was just "here's a few new Pokemon!" every couple weeks, This time there are a few random reveals but mostly it seems pretty reigned in and specific. Gossifleur/Eldagoss are to let you know evolution is (still) a thing, but you'll discover most if them in-game. The Zigzagoon line is to let you know about both regional variants and regional evolutions, but you'll discover most of them in game. Weezing is to let you know that not all regional forms will have regional evolutions (probably). The 3 Gigantamax forms are to let you know about Gigantamax, but you'll discover most of them in-game. Sirfetch'd/Ponyta are to show you version exclusives (which are important to decide). The legendaries are important to know about, but you'll learn more about them in-game. Gym version differences are important to know about but you'll discover most of them in-game. Ultimately it mostly seems to be them saying "this exists" and then leaving it to be discovered in-game. And I understand that this can be frustrating but I personally like it, as I said.

Finally, what was the elephant? It's not ringing any bells.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/newpokemon2.jpg
Appeared for a couple frames in a trailer
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#5
This change in approach is still weird to me. For XY and SM they revealed close to everything and now this.

What's their plan? Will they show off more very close to release? Do they just know Pokemon games sell even if they don't reveal too much?
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. New Pokemon type count and Gym Leader specialties as of October 10th
  • Topic Archived