• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian Pyroar on the way? (Speculation)

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
1 week ago#1
Flashback to when Sirfetch’d was revealed. Sirfetch’d is a galarian form evolution to a formerly single stage Pokémon, and it’s exclusive to Pokémon Sword version. We all thought that it’s Pokémon Shield counterpart would be a similar situation, such as a galarian evolution to Dunsparce, Chatot or Delibird.

And now came galarian ponyta, the “unique horn” Pokémon, which basically means unicorn. Galarian ponyta is exclusive to Pokémon Shield, as opposed to Sirfetch’d, which is in sword. Now, it’s been assumed that these two are version exclusives, with Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d counterparting Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash.

But what if this wasn’t the case?

It’s been pointed out that on the UK coat of arms, it features both a lion as well as a unicorn, possibly representing both England and Germany.

What if another region variant representing a lion is on the way as a true Pokémon Sword counterpart to Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash? And perhaps a Pokémon Shield galarian evolution is still hidden away from us? The only logical lion Pokémon for this that come to mind are Arcanine and Pyroar, both fire types just like ponyta and Rapidash. I put Pyroar in the title since it’s definitely more of a true lion, but either could work.

Thoughts on this? Do you think Sirfetch’d and Ponyta’s counterparts are yet to be revealed? Or am I thinking to hard about this? Discuss!
it all comes together

User Info: Hylian-Hero

Hylian-Hero
1 week ago#2
Um... Arcanine is a dog. Hence the name.

User Info: TMOG

TMOG
1 week ago#3
Hylian-Hero posted...

Arcanine's appearance is based on the komainu, which are Japanese statues depicting lion-like creatures. Komainu, despite being lions, are not depicted with full manes and instead have a somewhat canine appearance.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#4
I had the same thought
To copy and paste
Hey if unicorns are a symbol of Scotland and we got a Galar form for one, don't we also deserve a Galar form for a lion since that's a symbol of England?
Looks at Shinx line
Monkey's paw curls inwards
Litleo/Pyroar get a Galar form
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: KingAshnard

KingAshnard
1 week ago#5
TMOG posted...
Hylian-Hero posted...

Arcanine's appearance is based on the komainu, which are Japanese statues depicting lion-like creatures. Komainu, despite being lions, are not depicted with full manes and instead have a somewhat canine appearance.

Hell, they literally have "inu" (dog) in their name.
All hail the king of Daein!

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
1 week ago#6
KingAshnard posted...
TMOG posted...
Hylian-Hero posted...

Hell, they literally have "inu" (dog) in their name.

Well then pyroar it is!
it all comes together

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
1 week ago#7
Nah it'll definitely be Arcanine

User Info: veryepic

veryepic
1 week ago#8
Deadinsideman posted...
Nah it'll definitely be Arcanine

Regular Arcanine was seen multiple times in trailers and gameplay. It makes no sense to show him so much if he had a Galarian form.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#9
I’m surprised people haven’t yet claimed “Pattern!!1! Vulpix got a RV in Gen 7, Ponyta in 8, the other dual Stage Fire Type from Gen 1, Growlithe, will get one in Gen 9!!11! Water Arcanine is true!!1!”.

On-topic, yes, I also said that I don’t believe the VEs revealed are actually the ones parallel to one another; there’s more we haven’t seen.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: aegis99driver

aegis99driver
1 week ago#10
I think it's basically confirmed to be Farfetch'd's counterpart. Though, we haven't seen Farfetch'd yet, we don't know that it doesn't have a new form. It would certainly make Normal Flying -> Fighting a lot less jarring.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian Pyroar on the way? (Speculation)
  • Topic Archived